The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:39 PM

This thread is more about the process as opposed to why. Ecwid is very pointed to say that they are serious about SEO, but yet refer everyone to Google AJAX documentation. I have read the documentation and must admit, still very confused. I am not a script developer and having a hard time understanding what I actually have to do in order to incorporate 'escaped_fragment' code. Here are the steps I have taken on my side:

Put the snippet of Meta code on the same page as the cart code.

I don't see information that recommends every page, but I do see recommendations to create a 'pretty' URL and a 'ugly' URL in the commentary. What in the world can I do as a consumer to actually conform to Google's requirements? Every article I read states that "Google does NOT like AJAX" and I am very concerned about this statement from so many resources. To be transparent, I am considering cancelling service with ecwid because of the documentation associated with the inability to rank within search engines.

The information with ecwid states: Go look at what Google says

I would expect more from an ecommerce provider that is about to lose customers to this ineffective SEO ranking situation to provide very detailed explanation of this process. More specifically, do I need to create a script? Do I need to include the meta tag simply in the header? I assume yes, but not clear. How I do implement 'escaped_ fragments'? Literally, how do I do it or is it done and the documentation is simply telling me that it's done already? The information states, 'These changes need to be made on the server'. Does that mean my account? or ecwid developers are involved with creating these adjustments? If yes, have they made the adjustments?

I'm looking for clarity as to what "I" the consumer need to do within my control panel or website to conform to best practice. I don't need to know why, I just need to know what do I need to do?

Just checking in with anyone that may be available to answer this question, I'm really concerned with this topic and would like to receive feedback. My site is not found in any search engine. Thank you.

Last edited by Makfruit; 02-26-2013 at 11:46 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zincs for Boats For This Useful Post:
Madmanbean (04-08-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Sylvia View Post
This thread is more about the process as opposed to why. Ecwid is very pointed to say that they are serious about SEO, but yet refer everyone to Google AJAX documentation. I have read the documentation and must admit, still very confused. I am not a script developer and having a hard time understanding what I actually have to do in order to incorporate 'escaped_fragment' code. Here are the steps I have taken on my side:

Put the snippet of Meta code on the same page as the cart code.

I don't see information that recommends every page, but I do see recommendations to create a 'pretty' URL and a 'ugly' URL in the commentary. What in the world can I do as a consumer to actually conform to Google's requirements? Every article I read states that "Google does NOT like AJAX" and I am very concerned about this statement from so many resources. To be transparent, I am considering cancelling service with ecwid because of the documentation associated with the inability to rank within search engines.

The information with ecwid states: Go look at what Google says

I would expect more from an ecommerce provider that is about to lose customers to this ineffective SEO ranking situation to provide very detailed explanation of this process. More specifically, do I need to create a script? Do I need to include the meta tag simply in the header? I assume yes, but not clear. How I do implement 'escaped_ fragments'? Literally, how do I do it or is it done and the documentation is simply telling me that it's done already? The information states, 'These changes need to be made on the server'. Does that mean my account? or ecwid developers are involved with creating these adjustments? If yes, have they made the adjustments?

I'm looking for clarity as to what "I" the consumer need to do within my control panel or website to conform to best practice. I don't need to know why, I just need to know what do I need to do?

Just checking in with anyone that may be available to answer this question, I'm really concerned with this topic and would like to receive feedback. My site is not found in any search engine. Thank you.
Hi,

I believe this post contains the answer:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...5015#post75015

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 02-27-2013, 07:28 AM

I'm sorry, I was a little confused with your answer. You sent me to an article that indicated that the team is working on a solution to fix this known issue almost a year ago. Really? The response to a paying customer is a link to another post that is confusing and sheds zero light on this topic. I have to hire someone to write a piece of js in order for my shopping cart to show up in search engines? I am frustrated with this experience and really surprised that Ecwid is taking this stance. We are working on it? Really? This is getting beyond the point of trying to do business with Ecwid. Looks like it's time to do a little research to find a team that is willing to assist the novice js script developer.

http://www.topseos.com/rankings-of-b...-cart-software

The Following User Says Thank You to Zincs for Boats For This Useful Post:
JourneyMan (04-22-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry, I was a little confused with your answer. You sent me to an article that indicated that the team is working on a solution to fix this known issue almost a year ago. Really? The response to a paying customer is a link to another post that is confusing and sheds zero light on this topic. I have to hire someone to write a piece of js in order for my shopping cart to show up in search engines? I am frustrated with this experience and really surprised that Ecwid is taking this stance. We are working on it? Really? This is getting beyond the point of trying to do business with Ecwid. Looks like it's time to do a little research to find a team that is willing to assist the novice js script developer.

http://www.topseos.com/rankings-of-b...-cart-software

1. No piece of JS code in your page would help to show your product in search engine results. Thus you don't need to hire anyone - it is not effective to hire people to complete impossible things. The content of the site to be indexed is requested from your server, not out of JS files, so whatever JS code anyone comes up with will not help.

2. You don't need to implement that coding by hand. You will need to install a specific code onto your site, but that code is currently in the works. You do not need to hire anyone - the install instructions will be pretty basic. We are developing that code, so you don't need to hire anyone or research anything. We will anyway ship it faster than any hired programmer.

3. The code is in the works for 3 months, not a year. We have introduced the AJAX indexing scheme compatibility in Ecwid in Nov 2012, and the same month we've updated our Wordpress plugin to provide the search engine visibility according to this new scheme. Then we took that code and adapted it to the Joomla plugins (which had to be released in 3 different versions because of Joomla versioning quirks). Now we are working on providing the most generalized form of the same code to be used in any site that does not rely on Wordpress or Joomla.

If you were using Wordpress or Joomla for your site, the solution would be as simple as installing our ready made plugin and making sure your shop page is powered by it. With the sites made with other technologies, it will some manual coding steps to integrate our solution, yet still that cannot be called programming. We are expecting to release the necessary coed and the instructions for it in the upcoming couple of weeks, hopefully sooner.

Last edited by Eugene Rimmer; 02-28-2013 at 12:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eugene Rimmer For This Useful Post:
the tichel shop (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 07:05 PM

This sounds great! How will I find out when this is complete?( As I was thinking of changing my website to a word press site , so that it gets indexed ,but I don't really want to)
Thanks for all you do.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:10 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tichel shop View Post
This sounds great! How will I find out when this is complete?( As I was thinking of changing my website to a word press site , so that it gets indexed ,but I don't really want to)
Thanks for all you do.
We will inform you of the updates here on the forums.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 03-04-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Google Analytics and Webmaster require code to be put on the site, but the mobile site is not user accessible. How do you verify the subdomain? It's a CNAME process that is pointing to app.ecwid.com
Why would you need to verify the mobile catalog?
Old 03-06-2013, 05:34 AM

Default Search Engine Visibility for non-joomla/wordpress sites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makfruit View Post
We will inform you of the updates here on the forums.
Hi,

I'm wondering if you have, by now, anything more available than the referral to your wordpress page for implementing a script to make the shop visible to search engines? The wordpress page is not enough - I need something more in the way of step by step instructions - at this point I'm not even sure what should I download on wordpress (I've downloaded the cart - is that it?) and which part of it should I look to as an example, nor where should I put it on my own site.

In short, some step by step instructions with CLEAR examples, and preferably, a template with "fill in here" sections are in order for the layman who is paying for your cart but would like to actually have search engines find the shop.

Please advise!

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to KineretT For This Useful Post:
Madmanbean (04-08-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KineretT View Post
Hi,

I'm wondering if you have, by now, anything more available than the referral to your wordpress page for implementing a script to make the shop visible to search engines? The wordpress page is not enough - I need something more in the way of step by step instructions - at this point I'm not even sure what should I download on wordpress (I've downloaded the cart - is that it?) and which part of it should I look to as an example, nor where should I put it on my own site.

In short, some step by step instructions with CLEAR examples, and preferably, a template with "fill in here" sections are in order for the layman who is paying for your cart but would like to actually have search engines find the shop.

Please advise!

Thanks
Hi,

Sorry to keep you waiting. The codes that will enable you to integrate AJAX indexing for any PHP site are currently under testing. As soon as it is finished, we will share them along with the simple step-by-step instruction on how to use them. No exact ETA though, sorry.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 04-08-2013, 10:15 AM

Default SEO indexing on embedded categories custom site

I have a custom built site with different pages for each category as per ecwid instructions at http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853258/...roduct-browser

What I do not have though is any indexing of those category contents by google.

I note that there is a wordpress plugin for resolving this issue but can someone tell me in clear language just what steps are required to index this ajax content embedded in each page when you are not using wordpress or any other cms system?

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ajax, categories, escaped fragments, indexing, pretty url, seo, ugly url