The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:34 PM

Will setting SKU CSS to "hidden" affect SEO?

I don't want the SKU to be visible to users visiting my store, but I'm wondering if setting the SKU to "hidden" in all the areas of the store visible to customers will affect SEO.
For instance, someone searches for an item on Google by UPC or SKU- I would love for my item to show up, but if I'm hiding the SKU number will this affect the search results?
I would think not, since the content still exists on the page, it's just not rendered as visible on a browser.
If anyone has any input on this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern Man View Post
I don't want the SKU to be visible to users visiting my store, but I'm wondering if setting the SKU to "hidden" in all the areas of the store visible to customers will affect SEO.
For instance, someone searches for an item on Google by UPC or SKU- I would love for my item to show up, but if I'm hiding the SKU number will this affect the search results?
I would think not, since the content still exists on the page, it's just not rendered as visible on a browser.
If anyone has any input on this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Hiding the SKU number will not affect the search results.

The thing is that search engines index the information, which is placed on the page, even if it is hidden by CSS. Moreover, search engines doesn't index Ecwid AJAX-version of the store, but simple HTML version of it, which generates using Inline SEO catalog

It means that hidden by CSS elements will be still visible in HTML version of your store and available for indexing.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:47 PM

I agree with Maya but personally i don't have knowledge about HTML, AJAX etc I know about the seo regarding multiple tasks which is related with link building and if you want build the genuine and natural links work according to the topic.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
seo, sku