The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:11 AM

Question

Ajax Indexing Help - one site index two others not

Hi Guys, so i realise this type of post is common

however i have used ECWID since the start and have an issue with indexing

one site for a customer hadn't indexed even with the latest joomla rokecwid plugin
i 'forced' a couple of the product pages to google indexing and hey presto the entire shop products were indexed within 7 days
it has done it so well that in Google search the shop pages are no1 for nearly every product

Problem sites:
i have 2 other sites
site a. approx 2500 products - only a small amount have been indexed by google but only when i forced them to be indexed
site b. approx 80 products - again only a couple have been indexed

i have been through the instructions, checked the robot text, made sure everything is upto date

all websites reside on the same server so you would think that the server settings are correct

i could really do with some assistance to see if there is an ecwid error or if i am missing something
i have been on with this for sometime now and i am at a loss

i am PM the urls as i would rather keep them hidden from the forum until i resolve the issue

thanks in advance
The Following User Says Thank You to Rad2 For This Useful Post:
daniel594 (06-18-2014)
Old 07-14-2014, 12:12 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad2 View Post
Hi Guys, so i realise this type of post is common

however i have used ECWID since the start and have an issue with indexing

one site for a customer hadn't indexed even with the latest joomla rokecwid plugin
i 'forced' a couple of the product pages to google indexing and hey presto the entire shop products were indexed within 7 days
it has done it so well that in Google search the shop pages are no1 for nearly every product

Problem sites:
i have 2 other sites
site a. approx 2500 products - only a small amount have been indexed by google but only when i forced them to be indexed
site b. approx 80 products - again only a couple have been indexed

i have been through the instructions, checked the robot text, made sure everything is upto date

all websites reside on the same server so you would think that the server settings are correct

i could really do with some assistance to see if there is an ecwid error or if i am missing something
i have been on with this for sometime now and i am at a loss

i am PM the urls as i would rather keep them hidden from the forum until i resolve the issue

thanks in advance
Hello Rick.

If you are using Ecwid plugins for Wordpress or Joomla and have one of Ecwid paid plans your Ecwid store should be indexed by search engines. What CMS are these two other sites using? Please send me links to these websites via PM.
Also check out this article for examples and more information on Ajax Indexing in Ecwid.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:19 PM

Hi Vitaly,

thanks for the response
i now have both shops indexed.

What i found was that on the one shop that had been indexed i was using Artio Joom SEF - although this doesn't provide SEF's for ECWID what i found was that as soon as i installed it for the 2 sites that were not indexed that Google suddenly indexed the 2 sites and all of the ECWID products within 7 days

I must admit i do not know the full reason why but it is a solution

So for anyone else stuggling:

Joomla 3 site
RokECWID component and modules - latest version
Artio SEF - latest version

submit the sitemap.xml that artio joomsef creates to Google webmaster

wait around 7 to 10 days

the results are brilliant once the products have been indexed

thanks

Rick
The Following User Says Thank You to Rad2 For This Useful Post:
Rick G (07-14-2014)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ajax indexing, google indexing, not indexing, seo