The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:35 PM

Question

SEO AJAX Not working

Ok guys here is the situation:
My homepage has no product browser on it. We built it with plain html (www.jamlounge.net).
We do however have links on the homepage that point to the page that contains the product browser (www.jamlounge.net/loja).
For example the link "Novidades" in the Home Page is (http://www.jamlounge.net/loja/#!/~/c...=addedTimeDesc)

Question 1-Were do I implement this script ? Homepage, Product Browser Page or Both ?
<?php
$ecwid_store_id = xxxxxxx;
include_once "../includes/ecwid_ajax_indexing.php";
if (!isset($_GET['_escaped_fragment_']))
{
echo '<meta name="fragment" content="!" />';
}
?>

Question 2 - I have ninjawidget "Back In Stock" Script and also I have separated the cart into its own dedicated page. Where do I put the code: <?php
echo '<!-- START Google AJAX indexing for Ecwid -->';
echo $ecwid_html_index;
'<!-- END Google AJAX indexing for
?>

Question 3 - Do I need to implement the AJAX SEO steps in both the Cart page and prod browser page ?

Question 4 - Do I need to worry about unescaping any %XX ? For example on my homepage where I am using links from product browser. If Yes, How do I unescape this url: http://www.jamlounge.net/loja/index....sort=relevance

If I unescape like this and put on a href it doesnt work:
http://www.jamlounge.net/loja/index.php#!/~/search/keywords="call of duty ghosts"&offset=0&sort=relevance
Old 01-15-2014, 02:06 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi,

Questions 1-3
The custom script mentioned in our knowledge base is to be placed in the PHP file on your server, which is responsible for displaying your product browser, i.e. the one that displays your products. That will make the page display products to your customers AND to the search engines at the same place.

The exact place of pasting the code very much depends on particular site - that might be index.php or some separate file.

Question 4
Sorry, I don't understand the question. Why do you at all need to escape the URLs? For what purpose? Generally, that's not necessary.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ajax, crawling, seo