The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:38 AM

Shipping and page menu Q's

Website hosted by Wix.com Using ECWID APP

1, I need either a smaller Mini cart button, or a way to link the cart button in my header menu to my Ecwid store. (FOUND ANSWER)

2, I would like to have my "Online Store" button located in my header to show my store categories as they are made and added.( As of now in the home page header all it shows is Online Store with no drop down sub menu)

3, would like to link "SHOP NOW" images on my home page to specific categories in my Ecwid store.
EX: Shop Now (Consumer electronics) I would like that button image to open my online store and go to the consumer electronics CAT.

4, Shipping... This will be a 2 part Q

1, when setting up a carrier. I’m asked if I want to use my own account or yours basically... Does Ecwid get discounted shipping rates? Or would I be better off using my own account.

2, if I choose your settings there is a dimension there of 10x10x10 but when I add a product I’m only able to add weight and not dimensions. Why?

(Side Note) I really would like to speak to someone. I really like some of your features…. But if it means delaying business and sales because you don’t provide a customer support number and that in turn forces me to spend much a lot of time looking for or waiting for an answer, well that’s unacceptable. To give you an idea. I already have 3 hours invested into these matters above. I wonder how long it will take to get a resolving answer.

We will put our customers on hold till then, Thank you.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:17 PM
Ecwid Team

Dear Eric,

Thanks a lot for your message!

Quote:
I really would like to speak to someone. I really like some of your features…. But if it means delaying business and sales because you don’t provide a customer support number and that in turn forces me to spend much a lot of time looking for or waiting for an answer, well that’s unacceptable. To give you an idea. I already have 3 hours invested into these matters above. I wonder how long it will take to get a resolving answer.
I really am very sorry that your business is delayed because you have to wait for the answers on the forum. Please note that phone and live chat support is available to our customers on Business and Unlimited Plans.

At the same time we do our best to answer as fast as possible on the forums as well.
Please see below the answers to your questions:

Quote:
1, I need either a smaller Mini cart button, or a way to link the cart button in my header menu to my Ecwid store. (FOUND ANSWER)
I am very glad you have already found the answer to this question. Just let me point out the articlethat may be useful for our other users who have the same question might visit this thread.

Quote:
2, I would like to have my "Online Store" button located in my header to show my store categories as they are made and added.( As of now in the home page header all it shows is Online Store with no drop down sub menu)
Could you please provide us with a link to your store so that we could have a look and come up with a decision?

Quote:
3, would like to link "SHOP NOW" images on my home page to specific categories in my Ecwid store.
EX: Shop Now (Consumer electronics) I would like that button image to open my online store and go to the consumer electronics CAT.
It is absolutely possible to do it. You can just create the images or buttons, add them to your site with the help of Wix and then link these images/buttons to your categories in Ecwid (to get a direct link to a category just open your Ecwid store, go to the necessary category or product and grab the URL from the address bar of your browser. It's the URL of the opened product/category).
Quote:
4, Shipping... This will be a 2 part Q

1, when setting up a carrier. I’m asked if I want to use my own account or yours basically... Does Ecwid get discounted shipping rates? Or would I be better off using my own account.
Our default account for carrier-calculate method is just a basic one. If you already have a shipping service account that provides you with discounted rates, you should use this account to get these discounted costs.

Quote:
2, if I choose your settings there is a dimension there of 10x10x10 but when I add a product I’m only able to add weight and not dimensions. Why?
When you use carrier-calculated shipping, Ecwid transfers to the carrier (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc) the parameters of shipment (size, weight, cost, shipment type) and the shipping company returns the corresponding rates. The weight is set for each product individually as there can be several products in one package and it is necessary to transfer the correct total weight to the shipping company to get the correct rates. As for the size, at the moment it is possible to state only parcel dimensions, i.e. the size of the package that will be shipped. You might wish to vote for adding dimensions to individual products in the Customer Ideas for Ecwid: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...lds-dimensions

Please let us know if you have further questions, it is my pleasure to help you.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Last edited by Clara K; 01-14-2015 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:40 PM

From Q, 1. The article you pointed to was in fact diff than the answer I had found. The answer I found had me downloading the image, re-sizing, uploading it to a server and then adding the modded code. This did work, however I still could not re-size the text "shopping bag", in the end resulting in a mini cart button still way to big to be placed in the header of the webpage..

Checking the article you pointed there were a few more options to choose from but i have not been able to get them to work. im sure just doing something wrong...

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:21 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Embrey View Post
From Q, 1. The article you pointed to was in fact diff than the answer I had found. The answer I found had me downloading the image, re-sizing, uploading it to a server and then adding the modded code. This did work, however I still could not re-size the text "shopping bag", in the end resulting in a mini cart button still way to big to be placed in the header of the webpage..

Checking the article you pointed there were a few more options to choose from but i have not been able to get them to work. im sure just doing something wrong...

Thanks in advance.
Dear Eric,

Could you please provide me with a URL to your site so that I could check it for you?

Thank you!

Help Center

Old 01-17-2015, 08:52 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Thanks a lot for providing me with details by PM.

As far as I understand, you want to make the Ecwid minicart smaller and place it in the top part of your site.

Please refer to this post for the instructions and the example code: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showpost...26&postcount=6

As for showing the minicart in mini view (http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...01202#Miniview), I am afraid it is not possible to do it on a Wix site.

I apologize once again for the delay in replying.

Thank you!

Help Center

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.