The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:17 PM

I know they are right now but even when I change the setting to per order I face the same issue. I sent you a private email with other issues also...
Old 05-15-2012, 05:21 PM

I am testing one product right now. I have assigned the weight, selected type of product, changed all settings. As I write in my last message i am trying to make:

Original painitngs per weight
ltd ed and photo print per item.

I am also have an issue with extra charges during check out.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explore My Art View Post
I am testing one product right now. I have assigned the weight, selected type of product, changed all settings. As I write in my last message i am trying to make:

Original painitngs per weight
ltd ed and photo print per item.

I am also have an issue with extra charges during check out.
Can you please detail:

- which exactly product you test?
- what shipping address you use?
- what shipping cost you expect and why?
Old 05-15-2012, 08:04 PM

product is art- Original, ltd edition and paper print.

I have tested each one by checking out using one UK address, one NY and nj address in order to make sure it charges the right shipping rate and that NJ is being taxed.

The issue im having is it doesnt charge for multiple shipping. So if i sell 2 original paintings I cant charge for 1.
The bigger issue is that I want to charge one flat rate "per item" for ltd edition and paper print. Original paintings must be by weight as they vary. When I set it that way it would charge everything by weight. So if you look on at the store now there is NO weight # and everything is set to "per order" becasue i cannot get around it.

EXTRA CAHRGES.

When selecting some products the price doubles or is increased by $199..

Other then that im ready to give ecwid a go and upgrade if all transactions run smoothly.

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:08 PM

please respond, I cannot have products up this way...
Old 05-17-2012, 06:48 AM
Ecwid Team

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to set fixed shipping rates for ltd editions and paper prints and calculate shipping depending on weight for original paintings. Currently, Ecwid doesn’t allow to set fixed shipping rate for each product depending on destination zone. Also it doesn’t allow to set different shipping for different product variation.

Therefore, I suggest you to create separate product for ltd and original paintings and set fixed shipping rate for the first. After that you can create user-defined shipping method, which will be used for original painting product and set the shipping cost depending on the weight using “per kg, $” field.

Once you do this total shipping cost will be calculated in following way (if ltd and original painting have been added to the cart):
Fixed shipping rate for ltd paiting + cost per kg for original painting x product weight.

Quote:
EXTRA CAHRGES.
When selecting some products the price doubles or is increased by $199..
Could you, please, give me the link to the product for which price is doubled?

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:35 PM

So the only way for me to sell the same product in 3 different formats is to create 3 items for the same product in order to charge shipping for each item??

When a customer goes to the gallery they will see a 3 pictures of the same product.

Doesnt make sence to me, there has to be a better way...
Old 05-17-2012, 12:51 PM

I have tried purchasing 2 seperate products and it only charges shipping for 1
Old 05-21-2012, 01:28 PM

Default SHIPPING CHARGES ONLY FOR ONE PRODUCT

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SOLVE THIS FOR OVER A WEEK AND IAM NOT GETTING AN ANSWER!

My shipping is set up as instructed however when there are 2 products being purchased it only charges for 1.

My cart: www.exploremyart.com

Thank you!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explore My Art View Post
I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SOLVE THIS FOR OVER A WEEK AND IAM NOT GETTING AN ANSWER!

My shipping is set up as instructed however when there are 2 products being purchased it only charges for 1.

My cart: www.exploremyart.com

Thank you!
Hello,

Please let me help you. It seems like some things in Ecwid shipping configuration aren't clear for you. I'll try to explain.

1. Weight requirements.
A user-defined shipping method in Ecwid is available for a customer if three conditions are met:
  • a shipping method is enabled (you can manage its availability on a shipping method page in your Ecwid control panel),
  • it has defined rates which fit to a customer's location,
  • an order total weight is not greater then a shipping weight limit (this limit can be set on the a shipping method page as well).

As far as I can see, you've managed to create shipping methods and destination zones. Please pay attention to the third requirement. Many product in your store don't have weight assigned. Products without weight are considered virtual (downloadable) in Ecwid and do not require shipping. Please refer to this article for the details:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853310/...yshippingrates

So you'll need to set weight for all products you want to be included in the shipping cost calculation (even if an order shipping cost isn't going to depend on weight).

Also, in order to make a shipping method available, its weight limits should be set accordingly. For example, one of your shipping methods - Limited Edition - has the 0 - 0 lbs limits. It means that a customer will be able to use this method if an order weight is greater than 0 AND less than 0. Apparently, no order will fit such a requirement, so the shipping method won't be available. In order to fix it, please set correct limit values for the method.

2. A selected shipping method is applied for the whole order.
A customer can select delivery method for the whole order only. Unfortunately, it's currently not possible in Ecwid to select more than one option at checkout so that a customer would be able to select a shipping method per item. There is a related suggestion in our ideas base though. Please vote for it if you find it useful:
http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...ng-by-category

However some special charges may be required for some items in the cart, for example, if the shipping cost should include a packing price for one of the items. In such cases, you can consider using one of the following approaches:
1) Set a bigger weight for particular products.
In general, when an user-defined shipping method is applied to the order, the order shipping cost is calculated according to this formula:
SHIPPING COST = PER ORDER RATE + (PERCENT RATE × SUBTOTAL) + (NUMBER OF ITEMS IN ORDER × PER ITEM RATE) + (TOTAL WEIGHT × PER WEIGHT UNIT RATE)

If the rates you've set for a shipping method depend on an order weight, it is possible to increase weight of particular products in order to make shipping cost bigger when such products are purchased. However this workaround has a drawback - it may confuse a customer when they see an unexpected weight for one of the products in your store. In order to prevent such confusing you can consider hiding the product weight completely like described in this article:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/21500165/...ng-in-the-cart

2) Use an additional fixed rate for some products.
In addition to carrier-calculated and user-defined shipping methods in Ecwid, it is also possible to set an extra fixed shipping rate, which can either replace the global rates for the particular product or be added to them. Thus, in your case, you can define such a special rate for particular products and an extra fixed rate will be added to an order total when such a product is purchased. If the cart contains products with different fixed rates, they all will be summed up and added to the resulting shipping cost. In order to set it up in this way please do the following:
  • open the 'Tax and Shipping' tab on the product management page in your control panel,
  • select 'Global+Fixed rate' option in the Shipping freight selector,
  • set fixed rate that should be added to the shipping cost for that product.

This way an order weight and a customer destination will be taken in account during the shipping calculation (as usually), an extra rate will just add a specified amount to the shipping cost. On the other hand, the fixed rate itself won't depend on zones/weights - it will always remain the same.

3. Product variations and shipping.
If you want some product variation to have bigger shipping cost than the other, you can set a bigger weight to it and define a per-weight rate for a shipping method. This way, an additional cost will be added to the shipping, if a customer adds such a variation to the cart. Here is an example.
Let's say you have a product A with variations A1, A2, A3 and the A2 variation requires extra charges on shipping. Also, there is a user-defined shipping method with weight-based rates (let it be $1 per lbs):
http://www.diigo.com/item/image/1xdw9/g3cy?size=o

In order to assign a surcharge to the A2, assign a bigger weight for it. This screenshot illustrates it:
http://www.diigo.com/item/image/1xdw9/m6r0?size=o

Another way to do the same is set a bigger price for such options/variations.

Please note, this approach allows adjusting a shipping cost for particular products and their variations. But it doesn't allow setting another shipping method for them, unfortunately. As I said, a shipping method is always set for the whole order.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
flat rate, global shipping, shipping