The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-24-2011, 03:49 PM
Happy Sam's Avatar
Happy Sam is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2
Question

Global Shipping Per Order not working


I have a zone for USA assigned. I have a Global Flat Rate shipping assigned with $5.95 in the PER ORDER column.

When I add more than 1 item to the cart it is multiplying the shipping rate of $5.95 per item. It should just be PER ORDER flat rate of $5.95.

I need help right away... this site is live and being used today for new orders!
  #2  
Old 09-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Happy Sam's Avatar
Happy Sam Happy Sam is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Never Mind... Client went in and changed Shipping on each product thus overriding the Global Shipping method. Sorry for the false alarm!
  #3  
Old 04-21-2012, 04:35 AM
Hansel's Avatar
Hansel Hansel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3
Default

So this was never solved I guess? People are complaining in other threads too,
  #4  
Old 04-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Matt Ecwid's Avatar
Matt Ecwid Matt Ecwid is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
So this was never solved I guess? People are complaining in other threads too,
Hello,

Could you detail the issue? What exactly do you need to solve?
__________________
Matt K
Ecwid Team

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
  #5  
Old 05-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Hansel's Avatar
Hansel Hansel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3
Default

The Global flat rate "per order" doesn't seem to work correctly.
the global flat rate isn't per order its per item.
for example: if you ad two items to an order the shipping cost doubles,
  #6  
Old 05-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Maya's Avatar
Maya Maya is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ecwid headquarter
Posts: 5,876
Default

Could you, please, give me the link to the store and step-by-step instruction how this issue can be reproduced? Thank you in advance.

Probably, you made some changes in your store, but didn't refresh the page after that. Please, refresh the page and let me know about results.
__________________
Maya N., Ecwid Team

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!

Last edited by maya; 05-10-2012 at 01:04 PM.
  #7  
Old 05-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Hansel's Avatar
Hansel Hansel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3
Default

1. Create an item and make the weight 0.1 KG
2. In taxes and settings use "Use global settings"
3. In system settings/Shipping/User Defined Methods - Weight limit 0 - 1000 KG
4. Create 2 zones in User Defined methods - "Australia" and "The World"
4. Put "per order" to $5 in each zone and for other options put $0.00.

If you buy two items in my store you are charged $10 for the shipping on the order not $5.

Currently I am using the Australia Post plugin to calculate shipping which is good but overestimates too much.

http://hanselsohotrightnow.com/stores/
  #8  
Old 05-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Eugene Rimmer's Avatar
Eugene Rimmer Eugene Rimmer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ecwid headquarters
Posts: 7,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
1. Create an item and make the weight 0.1 KG
2. In taxes and settings use "Use global settings"
3. In system settings/Shipping/User Defined Methods - Weight limit 0 - 1000 KG
4. Create 2 zones in User Defined methods - "Australia" and "The World"
4. Put "per order" to $5 in each zone and for other options put $0.00.

If you buy two items in my store you are charged $10 for the shipping on the order not $5.

Currently I am using the Australia Post plugin to calculate shipping which is good but overestimates too much.

http://hanselsohotrightnow.com/stores/
What exactly item in your store did you try buying? Can you please provide its URL or SKU?
  #9  
Old 05-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Explore My Art's Avatar
Explore My Art Explore My Art is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 18
Default

Ecwid is a pain in the .... I have been messing with this for days and i truely regret it! I wish I could call for help. I've read everything on here and followed instructions but doesnt seem to be working.

I have set up shipping and zones (per order rates) for different products
When checking out it only charges for 1 product.

When charging per lbs, different amounts for each product it doesnt use the rate i allocated, it chooses one.

What could I be doing wrong?
  #10  
Old 05-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Eugene Rimmer's Avatar
Eugene Rimmer Eugene Rimmer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ecwid headquarters
Posts: 7,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explore My Art View Post
Ecwid is a pain in the .... I have been messing with this for days and i truely regret it! I wish I could call for help. I've read everything on here and followed instructions but doesnt seem to be working.

I have set up shipping and zones (per order rates) for different products
When checking out it only charges for 1 product.

When charging per lbs, different amounts for each product it doesnt use the rate i allocated, it chooses one.

What could I be doing wrong?
The fixed rates you set in Ecwid control panel → System Settings → Shipping → User-defin​ed Methods are currently per item, not per order: http://d.pr/i/dw6u. So, naturally, they charge per item. You need to change that, bringing the rates from Per item column into Per order in all the user-defined shipping methods.

Additionally, not all of your products have a weight assigned. This may easily result in wrong shipping rates. Pease, make surte that all of your products that really require shipping cost have a weight assigned

Last edited by Eugene Rimmer; 05-15-2012 at 05:15 PM.
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
flat rate, global shipping, shipping

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:50 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.