The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-26-2014, 06:16 PM

USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail based on Items Weight

I currently have 4 sku's in my store. The sku's are three books and a set of the books. The weight for each books is 10oz and the set is 30 oz.

I ship domestic and international from the USA.

I use USPS Flat Rate Priority mail service for shipping. I have set a fixed flat rate($), but want to have the weight calculated and correct shipping applied based on the total number of items and the combined weight of the items with the correct envelope or box.

I can fit 4 books into the USPS flat rate envelope and up to 16 books(9 lbs) into a USPS medium size box. Larger than this is the large box.

I have tried to set this up, but the weight of the items only indicates pounds and I have not been successful yet in making this work correctly.

Two Zones - USA and World(not USA) - can a single zone be used?

Set USPS Priority Mail Flat rate as default domestic and international shipping by sku weight based on number of items in shopping cart.

Also show expedited shipping option.

Thank you in advance for help.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpetracco View Post
I currently have 4 sku's in my store. The sku's are three books and a set of the books. The weight for each books is 10oz and the set is 30 oz.

I ship domestic and international from the USA.

I use USPS Flat Rate Priority mail service for shipping. I have set a fixed flat rate($), but want to have the weight calculated and correct shipping applied based on the total number of items and the combined weight of the items with the correct envelope or box.

I can fit 4 books into the USPS flat rate envelope and up to 16 books(9 lbs) into a USPS medium size box. Larger than this is the large box.

I have tried to set this up, but the weight of the items only indicates pounds and I have not been successful yet in making this work correctly.

Two Zones - USA and World(not USA) - can a single zone be used?

Set USPS Priority Mail Flat rate as default domestic and international shipping by sku weight based on number of items in shopping cart.

Also show expedited shipping option.

Thank you in advance for help.

Hello!

I inspected your store and found that pounds are set as unit of weight in your Ecwid control panel. At the same time, you pointed the weight of your products in ounces.
For receiving more accurate shipping rates, you can change unit of weight from pounds to ounce in your Ecwid control panel, System settings -> Formats & Units.

Quote:
Two Zones - USA and World (not USA) - can a single zone be used?
In case you want to apply the same shipping methods within United States and all over the world, you definitely can use a single destination zone - “The World”.

At the same time, if you want to make shipping rates for United States for example cheaper than others, you have to create individual destination zone for this area and apply some different shipping method for this zone.

If you want to set shipping rates based on weight of order plus envelope/box price, I suggest you setup your own shipping rules based on weight (‘Custom table’ shipping setup). Please, go to System Settings -> Shipping. Click “New Shipping Method”, select necessary shipping region (e.g. “The World”) and select “Custom table”. Custom table allows to set very flexible shipping rates.

Please, check the screenshot with the settings example: http://take.ms/VcOnp

Each row in the table forms the shipping rate depending on kind of package:

1) If order weight is from 0 oz to 40 oz, then package is an envelope (costs $2)
2) If order weight is from 40,01 oz to 160 oz, then package is a medium size box (costs $10)
3) If order weight is from 160,01 oz and up, then package is a large size box (costs $15)

The “Per order” column contains price per package.
The “Per item” column contains price per each item in the order. In the given example price per each item in order is $10.

You can set the similar custom tables for each destination zone in your store.
For expedited shipping option you can set such custom table as well.

Shipping methods will be shown for the customer in the specified order. You can sort shipping methods in Ecwid control panel clicking on [Sort] button on “Shipping” page. The first matching method will be selected by default.

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
flat rate, shipping, usps