The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:45 PM

Problem with shipping fees (PayPal)

Store JGF Inc
Dear Ecwid,

My shopping site used to work well but recently many customers have complained that at the moment they check out, they are overcharged for shipping (1,000,000 USD or more)
When testing the shopping site, it works well and shows the right amount for shipping.

However, the problem occurs when the customer goes to pay and ECWID transfers the information to PayPal. For example, a shipping charge that was $23 on Ecwid becomes 1,328,787 USD on the PayPal payment page.

Could you please have someone contact me directly to let me know why this is happening and how it can be fixed? I am losing sales because of this and need to solve the problems as soon as possible.

Thanks and best regards,

Jorge
Old 05-08-2012, 12:51 AM

Ecwid, Don't worry about this> I was able to fix it myself. For anybody out there who has the same problem, it is not a problem with ECWID, it is a problem with PayPal.
Go to your PayPal account and change the shipping settings, click my profile and then click on shipping and click update.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:13 AM

You are right - this is a PayPal side issue, please refer to http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...1849#post51849

For other users who may see this thread - the origin of the issue is is "Use the shipping fee in the transaction instead of my calculator's settings" option should be set to "Yes".

In case the option setting change does not work, we would recommend contacting PayPal support on the matter and asking them about the progress of this problem fixing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kess For This Useful Post:
JGF (05-08-2012)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
connection, ecwid, overcharge, paypal, shipping