The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:35 PM

PayPal Express Checkout "Service is Temporarily Unavailable"

Trying to get PayPal Express Checkout up & running for my customers.

I've entered my API credentials and double-checked them.

When you click on the "PayPal Check Out" button you see when viewing the shopping cart, it returns the error "Sorry, this payment method is temporarily unavailable."

Alternately, when I click "Checkout", and then select "PayPal Express Checkout" as my payment option, then fill out my info, and click "Continue", it seems to just reload the page instead of going to PayPal.

I've been on the phone with PayPal 4 times today to verify that everything is set up correctly with my account.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Store Link

Old 08-04-2015, 03:03 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Second Games View Post
Trying to get PayPal Express Checkout up & running for my customers.

I've entered my API credentials and double-checked them.

When you click on the "PayPal Check Out" button you see when viewing the shopping cart, it returns the error "Sorry, this payment method is temporarily unavailable."

Alternately, when I click "Checkout", and then select "PayPal Express Checkout" as my payment option, then fill out my info, and click "Continue", it seems to just reload the page instead of going to PayPal.

I've been on the phone with PayPal 4 times today to verify that everything is set up correctly with my account.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Store Link

Hello!

I’m sorry that you have faced this issue. I’ve checked your settings and as far as I can see, the issue is caused by the fact that you haven't finished the 'PayPal express checkout' payment method configuration, screenshot:

Most probably, you specified your API credentials, but didn’t save them. Please fill the necessary fields again on this page in your control panel: Settings -> Payment -> PayPal Express Checkout page and save the changes (Ctrl+S).

Also, please refer to this article for the details on how to set up PayPal Express Checkout in Ecwid:
http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...scheckoutsetup

Please try it out and let me know if any further assistance is required. I'll be glad to help you.
Ecwid Knowlegde Base
Old 08-04-2015, 07:33 PM

The API information was definitely filled out yesterday before I submitted my post. Several times just to be certain. I pushed "Save" each time and returned to verify. If the API signature is disappearing, that may be part of the problem..

However, it seems that today's magic is greater than yesterday's, and now Express Checkout is working. Knock on wood that it stays working. Thank you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.