The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:27 PM

Background Opacity

I am trying to change the background opacity for the store on my Wordpress site. I have used the following which I found in other posts
div.ecwid-productBrowser {
background-color:#fff; opacity: 0.8;
}

Only problem is that the items now have opacity as well. I could not find the fix for this in the other posts. Please help.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:58 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Hicks View Post
I am trying to change the background opacity for the store on my Wordpress site. I have used the following which I found in other posts
background-color:#fff; opacity: 0.8;
}

Only problem is that the items now have opacity as well. I could not find the fix for this in the other posts. Please help.
Hello,

Thanks for the question!

The opacity: parameter in the rule is rather a strict one and affects all the elements which are located on the background you are trying to change. In order to change the background more softly, without touching the products inside, you may apply this rule to your custom CSS theme:

Code:
background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 1);
background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.1);
}
The result in this case will be something like this:

As you see, in the background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.1); parameter, there's the "0.1" opacity parameter included. It makes the background of the product browser pages absolutely transparent.

The "225,225,225" numbers are the definers of the color. You may create the color you want here: http://www.css3maker.com/css-3-rgba.html

This is basically it. Play with the parameters a little and I'm sure you'll be able to achieve the desired result.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to river For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2015, 07:47 PM

PERFECT!! Thanks.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
background, opacity