The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-07-2014, 12:55 AM

Inventory not accurate.

I'm finding that inventory is not being kept accurate. Anyone have the same problem and what is causing it?? Also, when does ecwid take an item out of inventory? Is it only when the transaction is completed and accepted? Are unfinished sales items in limbo and pulled out of inventory. When an order that is not succesfully paid is deleted is the item(s) put back into inventory? I didn't see that this was true. Please any help is appreciated....Struggling with this because I do a count and then check the count a couple weeks later and its off by up to 6 items.

Troy
Old 01-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyH View Post
I'm finding that inventory is not being kept accurate. Anyone have the same problem and what is causing it?? Also, when does ecwid take an item out of inventory? Is it only when the transaction is completed and accepted? Are unfinished sales items in limbo and pulled out of inventory. When an order that is not succesfully paid is deleted is the item(s) put back into inventory? I didn't see that this was true. Please any help is appreciated....Struggling with this because I do a count and then check the count a couple weeks later and its off by up to 6 items.

Troy
Hi,

Ecwid tracks and updates inventory in real time: when an item is sold the corresponding product quantity is decreased. More details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/51200671/...ory%20tracking
The item is considered as sold when the order is completed and has arrived in Ecwid in statuses Accepted or Queued. Unfinished sales are not taken into account. If you remove Accepted/Queued order or change the status to Canceled/Declined, the item is put back to the inventory (i.e. the quantity in stock is increased by one in Ecwid control panel>Catalog>Products>product page, 'Stock control').
If the product has unlimited number in stock, the inventory is not tracked since it's not needed. Still your customers can buy certain number of items and it's shown in the orders.

From your message, I understand you need help in finding out how inventory of some of your products has been counted. Please let me know the SKUs or names of these products. I'll look into the issue.

Look forward to hearing from you.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 02-10-2015, 07:20 PM

Hi Lana,

So I have an order that is -
Payment Status: Canceled
Order Fulfillment Status: Awaiting Processing

What has happened as far as inventory being pulled or not pulled?? And what happens when/if I delete the order.

I am still finding that inventory with product options if inaccurate.

Thanks for your help,

Troy
Old 02-16-2015, 02:18 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyH View Post
Hi Lana,

So I have an order that is -
Payment Status: Canceled
Order Fulfillment Status: Awaiting Processing

What has happened as far as inventory being pulled or not pulled?? And what happens when/if I delete the order.

I am still finding that inventory with product options if inaccurate.

Thanks for your help,

Troy
Hello Troy,
I am very sorry for keeping you waiting.

I inspected orders in your control panel and found out that the order with the Payment Status: "Canceled" and Fulfilment Status: "Awaiting Processing" has the following ID #1816.

Then I checked our log records and found out that this order was placed with the "DECLINED" payment status. At that the quantity in stock of the ordered products was not changed.

As Lana mentioned in the previous post, the item is considered as sold when the order has the Accepted or Queued payment statuses. In such cases the quantity in stock is reduced accordingly.

Please, let me know if you have further questions. I will be glad to help you.

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
inventory control, inventory levels