The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:18 PM

Conversion Tracking Still Not Working

Conversion Tracking still not working even after the upgrade to Ecwid. I know this for a fact because Analytics shows sales coming via Google Adwords, but Google Adwords shows "0 conversions" for the entire month thus far.

I believe this has to do with leaving the site via paypal gateway page and then returning to the site after being purchased. Plus, analytics is still only tracking about 30% percent of our sales, even though auto return is setup correctly, people do not seem to click or wait for the redirect from Paypal.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-12-2012, 07:46 PM

Still conversion tracking isn't working. More sales showing up in analytics, no conversions showing up in adwords.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:13 PM

Still no conversions, Tried it with another landing page we developed as well and still no luck. Anyone else have any luck with adwords conversion tracking integration?
Old 01-16-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Bess View Post
Still no conversions, Tried it with another landing page we developed as well and still no luck. Anyone else have any luck with adwords conversion tracking integration?
Can you please detail, the consversion code does not work when being inserted exactly into Ecwid or just in any page where you put it? Did you try making a test and putting a conversion tracking code on a page where you can easily trigger it? Is it possible that you are using the wrong tracking code?
Old 01-16-2012, 07:40 PM

Hi Eugene,

The code doesn't work when being inserted into Ecwid per the instructions of the newest release. Conversion tracking works just fine when I place it on my form submissions pages within Joomla itself.

I am unable to trigger the conversion tracking myself due to my IP being blocked from Google Adwords & Analytics.

Not possible that I am using the wrong tracking code, as it's the code provided by Google Adwords. Plus, my form submissions conversions are being tracked just fine within Google Adwords.

I contacted Google Adwords and their tech says that when the user leaves my site and comes back via a different source, such as "paypal" the conversion will be attributed to the most recent source, which in this case is PayPal because users go to paypal to process their payments and return via paypal domain name.

About testing, I'd rather not spend $10+ a click to test this. It could be costly to keep clicking our text ads just to see that conversion tracking isn't working.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:34 AM

Thanks for the details.

According to this article: http://www.roirevolution.com/blog/20...3_branding.php PayPal may override the tracked source, so as a result, the AdWords conversions will not be properly tracked. But you can fix this behavior by having the
Code:
?utm_nooverride=1
parameter in the URL where your customers return after PayPal.

So, as you may see, the problem is not caused by Ecwid or any exact setup of Ecwid.

I would recommend to put this parameter to the Store Front URL of your Ecwid shop (see Ecwid control panel → System settings → General → Store Profile). This way, when customers return from PayPal, that parameter will be in place and the consversion should be tracked properly.

Important detail: this additional parameter should not be added into your auto-return URLs for PayPal, it will not be passed to the 'Thank you' page. The parameter should be added to your store URL in the store profile, this way it can be passed correctly.

Please, let me know if it helped.

Last edited by Eugene Rimmer; 01-17-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Rimmer View Post
Thanks for the details.

According to this article: http://www.roirevolution.com/blog/20...3_branding.php PayPal may override the tracked source, so as a result, the AdWords conversions will not be properly tracked. But you can fix this behavior by having the
Code:
?utm_nooverride=1
parameter in the URL where your customers return after PayPal.

So, as you may see, the problem is not caused by Ecwid or any exact setup of Ecwid.

I would recommend to put this parameter to the Store Front URL of your Ecwid shop (see Ecwid control panel → System settings → General → Store Profile). This way, when customers return from PayPal, that parameter will be in place and the consversion should be tracked properly.

Important detail: this additional parameter should not be added into your auto-return URLs for PayPal, it will not be passed to the 'Thank you' page. The parameter should be added to your store URL in the store profile, this way it can be passed correctly.

Please, let me know if it helped.
Eugene I'm very familiar with Google Overrides url variables, and they are only used for analytics and not adwords. Also, it's known that override should only be placed on branded keywords and not all the keywords that you are bidding on.

I guess we will just wait until paypal pro is implemented so that users stay on the site.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
I contacted Google Adwords and their tech says that when the user leaves my site and comes back via a different source, such as "paypal" the conversion will be attributed to the most recent source, which in this case is PayPal because users go to paypal to process their payments and return via paypal domain name.
Can you possibly let me know the exact conversation between you and AdWords tech? At least what exactly was his/her reply?
Old 01-26-2012, 08:49 PM

Hi Eugene,

SOrry for the late response, been extra busy with new ecwid sites we are working on.

Anyhoot, there is no written conversation between me and the adwords tech. I simply call our google adwords rep here at the agency and explained everything over the phone. Plus, Google will never send you exactly what their techs say, the adwords rep just relays the message back to the client.

Anyhoot, we're just going to wait until PayPal Pro is setup at the beginning of the first quarter like Quetzel told us in a prior post.

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:11 PM

I have tried all of the listed methods, to no avail, and REALLY don't want to switch shopping carts. So if anyone with a silver account has actually got reliable conversion tracking working. I would LOVE to hear from you. Please tell me how you did it. Currently about 1/100 of my conversions track in adwords and about 1/3 track in analytics. Code is placed in the thankyou box.

I feel like I am posting in every single thread, and not getting anywhere! I am having the exact same problem as #Derek Bess. Analytics showing sales via adwords, and adwords showing no conversions. I am paid silver member, and need to get this working asap. If I have to pay to have Qualiteam do it, so be it. I just need conversion tracking!!!!!

Last edited by maya; 02-17-2012 at 01:32 PM.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
adwords, analytics, conversion tracking