The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:24 AM

connecting to Wix

I set up my ecwid account. Did the products and completely set up my store.

Then I go to Wix and put the app in and try and it won't let me because it says that I didn't create it in the wix marketplace....

Is there a way around this? I don't want to go back and redo everything. I would have to have you completely delete my account also because I want to use the email I already have.

HELP!!! What should I do?

UPDATE**** I figured out the HTML thing to put on my website. Tried to delete this post but wasn't able to.

Last edited by John Diggle; 01-06-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:17 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Diggle View Post
I set up my ecwid account. Did the products and completely set up my store.

Then I go to Wix and put the app in and try and it won't let me because it says that I didn't create it in the wix marketplace....

Is there a way around this? I don't want to go back and redo everything. I would have to have you completely delete my account also because I want to use the email I already have.

HELP!!! What should I do?

UPDATE**** I figured out the HTML thing to put on my website. Tried to delete this post but wasn't able to.
Hello!
I am glad you’ve found the necessary information.

For those who may find this thread, the instructions on how to add an existing Ecwid store to a WIX-based website are given in this article: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/portal/articles/1498701

However, I would strongly recommend you to integrate your Ecwid store to WIX using the Ecwid application (from WIX app market), because it
- makes your WIX store SEO-friendly,
- supports responsive layout (stores look great on every screen),
- lets you add Ecwid Minicart and Search widgets to the site in one click,
- adds direct links to every store page.

It is worth creating a new Ecwid account through our WIX app to get better overall experience. There is a way to move your existing store to a new account faster - you can export and import the products data and your customers base from one store to another. You can find the instructions here: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/en/p...-import-export

Also, you don’t have to delete your account to be able to register a new one using the same e-mail address. You can change the Ecwid account e-mail address anytime in your Ecwid Control Panel > Profile, so the previous e-mail address is available for the registration again (take a look at the screenshot below):

If you have any further questions, we are always ready to help.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.