The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:44 AM

How can I stop my shopping bag from 'floating' over my website?

Hi All, sorry to post this thread on here and for the lack of technical jargon (it may have already been answered), but we're only new to this, and not exactly tech savvy.
I'm having trouble with my shopping bag on my website (please see http://www.wesealall.com/online-stor...&sort=priceAsc). I commenced a trial run by adding a product to my bag, and after opening my Shopping Bag to review its contents, it then follows my mouse over the page and won't allow me to return to my website to continue reviewing other products. I don't want this 'floating' feature of the shopping bag at all. I also don't want my customers getting frustrated and end up leaving my online store. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Michael
Old 03-27-2013, 01:10 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA Sealing Technology View Post
Hi All, sorry to post this thread on here and for the lack of technical jargon (it may have already been answered), but we're only new to this, and not exactly tech savvy.
I'm having trouble with my shopping bag on my website (please see http://www.wesealall.com/online-stor...&sort=priceAsc). I commenced a trial run by adding a product to my bag, and after opening my Shopping Bag to review its contents, it then follows my mouse over the page and won't allow me to return to my website to continue reviewing other products. I don't want this 'floating' feature of the shopping bag at all. I also don't want my customers getting frustrated and end up leaving my online store. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Michael
I suggest you to use minicart in fixed mode and to place it into left block of your site right after vertical menu. In order to do this you should go to Ecwid control panel -> Dashboard, copy the code from "2. Bag Widget Code (recommended)" section and paste it to the source page of your site, where minicart block should be shown. It can be done in the same way like you add Product Browser widget. Save changes.

Once you do this, minicart will be always shown in the same place and will not follow you over the page.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
floating, shopping bag