The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:50 PM

Question

Search Features...Itemized Search Functions?

Ecwid,

I was wondering when a feature with the search bar would allow for specific searches:

jegs.com has a search feature like I'm talking about...Year, Make, Model...

I know I can most likely get the same effect by creating tons of categories...and sub categories...but that's a lot of extra work...

Anything like this coming...I saw one post from 2012 that mentioned a feature like this was coming...but haven't seen it...

Any suggestions or ideas?

If I posted this in the wrong section of the forum, my apologies...new here and this looked like the best spot.

Mike-
Old 02-06-2014, 05:56 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ego View Post
Ecwid,

I was wondering when a feature with the search bar would allow for specific searches:

jegs.com has a search feature like I'm talking about...Year, Make, Model...

I know I can most likely get the same effect by creating tons of categories...and sub categories...but that's a lot of extra work...

Anything like this coming...I saw one post from 2012 that mentioned a feature like this was coming...but haven't seen it...

Any suggestions or ideas?

If I posted this in the wrong section of the forum, my apologies...new here and this looked like the best spot.

Mike-
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

At the moment our engineers are already working on this feature and it will be added to Ecwid in the nearest future. Please, vote for the idea to get notified when it happens.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:17 AM

What you came up with is nothing remotely the same as a car parts make, model, year drop down that's needed. You are so far off the mark. It's disappointing to see that's all that was done with this request and that there's no further development of it for car parts companies.

This is what we need. http://www.carid.com/putco/ (The Maroon colored drop downs at the top of the page "Select Vehicle")

Notice the page doesn't fill up with thousands of parts??

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
box, choice, descriptors, search, sections