The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:26 PM

Purchase buttons and shopping bag

It's hard to convince myself to upgrade when the basics don't work properly. My shopping bag stays hidden even after the hit the purchase button. Not good!
Old 03-17-2014, 04:22 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Shepardson View Post
It's hard to convince myself to upgrade when the basics don't work properly. My shopping bag stays hidden even after the hit the purchase button. Not good!
Hello,

Please, post here the URL of the page where I can check this issue. I will see what can cause the issue and provide you with a solution.

Thank you in advance.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:03 PM

http://www.intriguingelegance.com
Old 03-18-2014, 07:09 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for the link.

As far as I can see apart from the product browser, which displays and functions fine, you have added single product widgets to your site. However each of them y added to the iframe. iframe means that site elements in one iframe are a kind of “document in document”. So the single product widgets, you added to the site page, open in separate frames and it are not connected to the each other - these are separate elements functioning independently. Your shopping cart isn’t updated when customer adds products from the iframes.

To display your full featured store on a certain site page I suggest you using product browser: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853305/Product%20Browser

Please, let me know if you have any questions.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:20 PM

Default My shopping carts disapearing act

Can anyone tell me why my shopping bag doesn't appear when someone clicks the purchase button on my site? My site name is intriguingelegance.com
Old 04-24-2014, 02:23 PM

Hello Kevin,
Thanks for the message. Please accept my apologies for keeping you waiting.

I’ve checked your store and noticed that you’re using Ecwid product browser widget and single product widget at the same time.

However, on your website both widgets are inserted into different iframes, so they function as separate pages. Unfortunately, the technical limitations of the iWeb sitebuilder will not allow to place Ecwid widgets inside different iframes.

If you want to place several Ecwid widgets on your store page (e.g. the categories tabs widget and the product browser), please make sure you place the corresponding integration codes in the same iframe rather than creating separate snippets iframes for each widget.

After you put all Ecwid widgets you need into the same iframe and instead of multiple iframes, your store should work properly.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:22 PM

I appreciate you getting back to me. I have been extremely frustrated! I have been checking 8 & 10 times a day trying for a couple months trying to figure out how it was that I could spend so many hours building this thing and telling all my friends, family, and anyone else to go to it and join my site. They said your cart was the easiest to build & learn. I don't agree. There has been nothing easy about this. I have spent hundreds of hours trying to figure it out and even though I started this account in January, I have yet to have anyone besides me purchase anything off the site! I am going to give this one last try with this rubics cube of shopping carts and that is it for me!

I read your post several times and still don't know what to do, or how to do it.
I am going to work on this today and post my feelings about it on facebook, twitter, google+ and other forums that I use tonight!

Look, I apologize for getting upset. I think I know what you're trying to tell me. I just don't like things to be any harder than necessary. I don't have a computer background! Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Lana; 04-25-2014 at 05:42 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:29 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
I appreciate you getting back to me. I have been extremely frustrated! I have been checking 8 & 10 times a day trying for a couple months trying to figure out how it was that I could spend so many hours building this thing and telling all my friends, family, and anyone else to go to it and join my site. They said your cart was the easiest to build & learn. I don't agree. There has been nothing easy about this. I have spent hundreds of hours trying to figure it out and even though I started this account in January, I have yet to have anyone besides me purchase anything off the site! I am going to give this one last try with this rubics cube of shopping carts and that is it for me!

I read your post several times and still don't know what to do, or how to do it.
I am going to work on this today and post my feelings about it on facebook, twitter, google+ and other forums that I use tonight!

Look, I apologize for getting upset. I think I know what you're trying to tell me. I just don't like things to be any harder than necessary. I don't have a computer background! Thanks for your help!
Hello,

I am sorry that you are facing all these difficulties.

As a matter of fact the way Ecwid store works on your site is caused by the specifics of the site structure. Also please, mind that Apple discontinued supporting the iWed sitebuiler, please, find more details on their support forum: https://discussions.apple.com/message/19504194#19504194 So there is possibitiy that they will terminate iWeb sites and this way not only your store will stop working but your whole site.

We are concerned about Ecwid users to have the best selling experience, so we suggest you using some other platform to create a website. For instance, you can create your site on Wordpress or Joomla, with our powerful Ecwid plugins on offer.

Also you can create a business page on Facebook and add your Ecwid store to this page, this way do not even need a separate website, with our application for Facebook: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...70942-facebook

Please, let me know if you have any questions. I will be glad to help.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.