The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:01 AM

Red face Will wordpress themes designed for another e-commerce/shopping cart plugin affect, harm, or override ecwid?

I'm looking around for a Wordpress theme for my shop, and most of the themes I've liked say something like "configured for woocommerce" or "compatible with jingoshop" or "built alongside cart66" I'm completely new to this whole website building/owning thing, and I really don't want to change from ecwid. Ecwid is so simple to work with compared to everything else I've tried, and it also allows me to do complex shipping, etc.

I don't want to purchase a theme that will interfere with the way that ecwid works. I appreciate any help and insight you might have.

Last edited by Dragons Hoard; 09-30-2012 at 04:14 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragons Hoard View Post
I'm looking around for a Wordpress theme for my shop, and most of the themes I've liked say something like "configured for woocommerce" or "compatible with jingoshop" or "built alongside cart66" I'm completely new to this whole website building/owning thing, and I really don't want to change from ecwid. Ecwid is so simple to work with compared to everything else I've tried, and it also allows me to do complex shipping, etc.

I don't want to purchase a theme that will interfere with the way that ecwid works. I appreciate any help and insight you might have.
Hello,

Glad to hear you like Ecwid. Thank you!

Ecwid store can be integrated into any web site - if you can add few lines of Javascript code to the page, Ecwid will work there. It is true for Wordpress too and it doesn't matter what theme is used. Just install our ready WP plugin and Ecwid will work on your site. Please refer to this article for the details:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853324/WordPress

If you face any trouble with integration of Ecwid on your site, please let us know, we will help.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 12-13-2012, 08:09 PM

Hi, just want to make sure - I want to buy an ecommerce theme from Templatic.com and they said that their themes are compatible only with Woo and Jigo. Yet you say Ecwid is good for all themes? Who is right? Can you suggest a theme with guaranteed ecwid compatibility except rockettheme.com
Old 12-14-2012, 09:32 AM

Default Compatible WP ecommerce Themes

Hi, just want to make sure - I want to buy an ecommerce theme from Templatic.com and they said that their themes are compatible only with Woo and Jigo. Yet you say Ecwid is good for all themes? Who is right? Can you suggest a theme with guaranteed ecwid compatibility except rockettheme.com
Old 12-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasiliy Derevko View Post
Hi,

Ecwid is SaaS solution that’s fully hosted and maintained by our team. You can embed the Ecwid widgets on your website to any page, and it doesn't require specific design theme. Also you'll be able to change Ecwid store layout via CSS to make your store look similar to the main site theme.
So basically you can use any theme you like. The only limit may be with themes that use AJAX-based navigation. Such themes might conflict with AJAX-based navigation in Ecwid because both use the same URL format.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 08-09-2014, 05:17 PM

the display of shopo or parallax themes do not display the ecwid store in parallax scrolling.
It is the new parallax scrolling that is displaying woocommerce so well in a parallax scrolling manner, and cannot plug in to ecwid database in order to display in this manner. Ecwid already has its own display settings, and does not need a special theme. However, there are special themes which will not work to the full potential or beauty as they will with the woocommerce solution they were designed for.

Win some, lose some. I stick with ecwid.

these themes are for ecwid
http://www.wpthm.com/wordpress/ecwid

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ecommerce, shopping carts, wordpress theme, wordpress themes