The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 04:57 PM

Maybe I don't understand this either but the reason I don't want to use a category is that it requires buyer to have to click on too many things. When you click on products button on fb or open store link on WP site, it should go directly to products if you only are using one category.
So I deleted category to speed up buyer experience but can not sort item order. FAQ link provided above is confusing and doesn't appear to really address the issue.
Can someone explain in very simple terms how to arrange product order without a category, or if you do use a category, make it not so redundant (having a category tab, title, lots of repetition and extra clicks before you can find products). Thanks!

Love this product, just could use some simpler way of setting preferences through radio buttons or something. Mark
Old 03-17-2012, 12:44 PM

Hi there, same question here... I have read the article but it still is not completely clear to me.

I have 8 products and do not require a category. As it is, it is currently not displaying the product in the correct order. The correct order would be in SKU order - is there a way to have this done?

I understand that products can be sorted when put into a category but I would like the products to show when the client goes to the shop, not the category (as there is only 1). Is this possible?
Old 03-20-2012, 07:18 AM

It is possible to sort products which are not assigned to any category in Ecwid. Here is the step-by-step instruction:

http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/29137176/...dtoanycategory

In case some points in it are not quite clear - please let us know which ones, I’ll try to put them in other words.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:47 PM

I really do not understand how I can display the products in a different order.
Store ID is 1081285, they need to be displayed in the following order:
1 ) Baby In Car - Blue
2 ) Baby In Car - Pink
3 ) Children In Car - Green
4 ) Newborn In Car - Yellow
5 ) Mummy-to-be In Car - Purple
6 ) Grandchild In Car - Green
7 ) Twins In Car - Yellow
8 ) Furry Baby In Car - Green

How do I go about with that - I can't see this being displayed in the article on how to do this.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:44 AM

Please refer to the following article:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/29137176/...dtoanycategory

I.e. you should:

- Add all your products to a specific category called for ex. "Featured products".
- Manually sort products in this category (drag-n-drop them).
- Force your product browser widget to show the products from this category by default.

More info about product browser widget can be found here:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853258/...duct%20browser

Last edited by Kess; 04-17-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:52 PM

Thanks for your reply Ksenia but it is still not clear to me in the instructions what I need to do.
Perhaps my English is not sufficient enough to understand this but I am unable to sort the items in the requested list.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:48 AM

Let's try it step-by-step:

1. Log in to your Ecwid control panel -> Catalog -> Categories
2. Create a new category there - click "New root category" button. In the "Name" field enter something like "Featured products". Click "Save (Ctrl+S)".
3. Click "Category products" tab. Click "Add products" button. There will appear a pop-up window. in which you need to tick the check boxes next to the products, that currently do not belong to any category in your store. Click "Add products" button in that pop-up window.
4. Drag-n-drop the products to put them in the order you would like them to be displayed in your store. Click "Save (Ctrl+S)".
5. Open the page you have added Ecwid integration code to for editing. you can use some HTML editor for that.
6. Find the following code there:
Code:

<script type="text/javascript"> xProductBrowser("categoriesPerRow=2","views=grid(2,2) list(4) table(20)","categoryView=grid","searchView=list","style="); </script>
and defaultCategoryId=%categoryId% after "style=". As a result this fragment of code should look as follows:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript"> xProductBrowser("categoriesPerRow=2","views=grid(2,2) list(4) table(20)","categoryView=grid","searchView=list","style=", "defaultCategoryId=%categoryId%"); </script>
where you should insert the ID of the new category instead of %categoryId%

Save the changes.

How to get the new "Featured products" category ID:
- Open your store front.
- Go to the necessary category.
- Check the address bar of your browser where page URL is displayed. The number after "category=" text is the ID you need.

Should you face issues with any of these steps, please let us know which exactly step it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kess For This Useful Post:
KVN (04-20-2012)
Old 04-20-2012, 09:26 PM

Brilliant, thanks Ksenia - I have now been able to work it out after following your fabulous instructions, thanks so much
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
product order, store front