The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 07:44 PM

How I change the Ecwid Labels in the Store Front

Love's Ecwid Team,

my shop is almost ready. However, I have a problem I can not solve. It is very important to solve for me.

On my Page www.praxismarketing.de / home I've made ​​some changes of names (Ecwid Labels):

<script>
ecwidMessages = {
"ChangeOptionsPopup.change_options":"Konfigura tion ändern",
"OrderConfirmation.print_invoice":"diese Bestellbestätigung ausdrucken",
"Minicart.drag_drop":"<span class='ecwid-minicart-label-text'>Kostenloser Versand und Zahlung auf Rechnung</span>",
"PlaceOrder.review":"Bitte überprüfen Sie Ihre Bestellung bevor Sie auf \"Kaufen\" klicken.",
"ShoppingCartView.hint":"Unser Angebot richtet sich ausschließlich an Gewerbekunden, Selbständige und Freiberufler.Die Inhalte Ihres Warenkorbs werden für mindestens 30 Tage gespeichert und können jederzeit wieder aufgerufen werden.",
"ShoppingCartView.custom_terms_n_conditions":" Mit Zustimmung der AGB´s versichere ich, dass ich nicht als Privatperson, sondern für eine Arztpraxis, Klinik, Firma oder sonstige öffentliche Einrichtung bestelle.",
"PrintableInvoice.INVOICE":"Bestellbestätigun g",
"ProductBrowser.not_avail":"Kombination nicht möglich",
"ProductDetails.available":"\ available)",
"ProductDetails.in_stock":"Ihre Konfiguration ist lieferbar",
"ProductDetails.out_of_stock":"Bitte Konfiguration ändern",
"ProductOptionClass.required_options":"Bitte konfigurieren Sie Ihr Produkt.",
"TextOption.empty_text":"Diese Option ist ein Pflichtfeld."
}
</script>

These changes are not applied to the Store view.
http://store4767211.ecwid.com

What should I do to ensure that the changes are applied on the store view?

Best Regards
Old 07-22-2014, 03:27 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon Bauer View Post
Love's Ecwid Team,

my shop is almost ready. However, I have a problem I can not solve. It is very important to solve for me.

On my Page www.praxismarketing.de / home I've made ​​some changes of names (Ecwid Labels):

<script>
ecwidMessages = {
"ChangeOptionsPopup.change_options":"Konfigura tion ändern",
"OrderConfirmation.print_invoice":"diese Bestellbestätigung ausdrucken",
"Minicart.drag_drop":"<span class='ecwid-minicart-label-text'>Kostenloser Versand und Zahlung auf Rechnung</span>",
"PlaceOrder.review":"Bitte überprüfen Sie Ihre Bestellung bevor Sie auf \"Kaufen\" klicken.",
"ShoppingCartView.hint":"Unser Angebot richtet sich ausschließlich an Gewerbekunden, Selbständige und Freiberufler.Die Inhalte Ihres Warenkorbs werden für mindestens 30 Tage gespeichert und können jederzeit wieder aufgerufen werden.",
"ShoppingCartView.custom_terms_n_conditions":" Mit Zustimmung der AGB´s versichere ich, dass ich nicht als Privatperson, sondern für eine Arztpraxis, Klinik, Firma oder sonstige öffentliche Einrichtung bestelle.",
"PrintableInvoice.INVOICE":"Bestellbestätigun g",
"ProductBrowser.not_avail":"Kombination nicht möglich",
"ProductDetails.available":"\ available)",
"ProductDetails.in_stock":"Ihre Konfiguration ist lieferbar",
"ProductDetails.out_of_stock":"Bitte Konfiguration ändern",
"ProductOptionClass.required_options":"Bitte konfigurieren Sie Ihr Produkt.",
"TextOption.empty_text":"Diese Option ist ein Pflichtfeld."
}
</script>

These changes are not applied to the Store view.
http://store4767211.ecwid.com

What should I do to ensure that the changes are applied on the store view?

Best Regards
Hello,

This Javascript code is added to the source of the site where Ecwid is embedded, so basically it works as an extra script in addition to Ecwid. It determines certain labels loading and replaces them with custom ones. The code is appended to the site, that is why you don’t see the changes on your Starter Site (http://store4767211.ecwid.com): since there is no translation code in it - the default labels are shown to you.
For those who may be interested in: It is possible to change any text in your Ecwid storefront. You can use this feature to translate your store or to make the labels more suitable for your individual Ecwid setup.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:54 PM

Hello,

As far as i know it's not possible to add javascript to the starter site(it's hosted by ecwid and we don't have access to the server hosting these starter site's). This means the feature described in the link you shared is not an option if you want to change the text on the starter site. Am i right?
It's possible to change the css on the starter site but that has nothing to do with the text.

So is it possible to change the text on the starter site at all?

Thanks in advance,
Bob

Last edited by Bobb; 07-22-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:23 PM

Hi there,

thanks for the reply.
Yes I want to change the texts on the Starter Site.
On my website I have renamed all Ecwid labels. (Using the Translate Tool). There I have no problems.
But on my tablet-optimized page I use the Starter Site
shop.praxismarketing.de. The problem is that the customer receives a message after order that he can print the invoice.
In my shop on my side I have changed the name of "invoice" into "Order Confirmation". That's here in Germany very important: See: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13374

Thanks in advance
Timon
Old 07-23-2014, 01:25 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
Hello,

As far as i know it's not possible to add javascript to the starter site(it's hosted by ecwid and we don't have access to the server hosting these starter site's). This means the feature described in the link you shared is not an option if you want to change the text on the starter site. Am i right?
It's possible to change the css on the starter site but that has nothing to do with the text.

So is it possible to change the text on the starter site at all?

Thanks in advance,
Bob
Quote:
Hi there,

thanks for the reply.
Yes I want to change the texts on the Starter Site.
On my website I have renamed all Ecwid labels. (Using the Translate Tool). There I have no problems.
But on my tablet-optimized page I use the Starter Site
shop.praxismarketing.de. The problem is that the customer receives a message after order that he can print the invoice.
In my shop on my side I have changed the name of "invoice" into "Order Confirmation". That's here in Germany very important: See: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13374

Thanks in advance
Timon
Hello Bob and Timon. Starter site is hosted by Ecwid and it can be used as a mobile representation of your main website or it can be your main storefront page. So yes, you are right that it is not possible to modify the source code if the Starter site and therefore you are not able to change the default labels that are shown to the customer using Javascript.

If the page where Ecwid store is located is responsive, i.e. made for viewing on different screen sizes, then your Ecwid storefront will be responsive too and will adapt to the device’s screen size. However if you insert Ecwid in non responsive page then Ecwid will not be able to adapt to the mobile device’s screen and will stay the same. Please check out our demo store to see for yourself how Ecwid store looks on different screen sizes.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:43 AM

Hi Vitaly,

thank you very much for your answer. I understand...
Then I have to think about something else.
Could you look at my problem on my tablet side?

The order summary will appear much too large.
Visit: www.praxismarketing.de/tablet/test with an iPad or other tablet to see what I mean.

Thank you
Timon
Old 07-25-2014, 07:08 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hi Vitaly,

thank you very much for your answer. I understand...
Then I have to think about something else.
Could you look at my problem on my tablet side?

The order summary will appear much too large.
Visit: www.praxismarketing.de/tablet/test with an iPad or other tablet to see what I mean.

Thank you
Timon
Hello Timon.

I see that the site that you gave me is 759px wide and Ecwid takes the whole screen width and your site looks like this:

I inspected the source code of this page and found out that you integrate Ecwid in this <div>, correct?
Code:
<div id="u49569"><!-- custom html -->
       <div id="my-store-4767211"></div><div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?4767211" charset="utf-8"></script><script type="text/javascript"> xProductBrowser("categoriesPerRow=1","views=grid(1,1) list(10) table(20)","categoryView=grid","searchView=list","id=my-store-4767211");</script>
</div>
</div>
Then I suggest you limit the width property of this <div> by adding the following code to your website’s CSS file, it will limit the width of your Ecwid store to 758px:
Quote:
#u49569 {
width: 758px;
}
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
change layout, labels, store front