The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 07:56 AM

Can I customise a store front, using another wordpress plugin??

Hi,

I'm trying to achieve a really integrated look of my ecwid shop into our new website (currently under development) and found that brilliantly helpful info about changing the Default category for the Product browser to embed it into my current site menu: see here for anyone interested...
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853258/...duct%20browser

But I would also like to customise my store front, so it works well with the main site home page - this uses a gallery plugin called 'Wall/Grid Gallery (WordPress Plugin)'. At the end of the Ecwid article mentioned above it says:

"Use #3:

You can create a custom splash page that displays categories in a way alternative to Ecwid defaults."

However, I've tried lots of options but can't seem to make a significant change - though i have managed to integrate it into my main menu.

Is there anyway that I can input the category images found on the home page, into a wordpress plugin gallery?? Or should I just make changes in the custom css to change the image sizes etc??

Any input/ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Ecwid Team

In order to get the list of product images that should be shown on the home page you should use Product API. It allows to get the list of products and their parameters for one particular category (home category has CategoryID = 0) or the list of products for whole site.

This list of product images can be used in any external script or gallery as you needed.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:26 PM

Thanks Maya,
I'll have a look at it.
Cheers.
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
customise, images, plugin, store front, wordpress edit