The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:47 PM

Question

Specific X-CART Import Options

Is there an example CSV somewhere that shows every available field and option to ecwid? I have skimmed the 64 page pdf and done an export from their demo site, but I'd still like to know the following:

1. What fields are supported?
2. How long can each field be?
3. As long as the delimiter is surrounded by quotes (";" or ",") will there be any problems with HTML for the description fields?

Sorry if this has been answered. I spent half an hour searching xcart and x-cart and didn't seem to find anything but the links to the PDF and the X-CART demo.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanklear View Post
Is there an example CSV somewhere that shows every available field and option to ecwid? I have skimmed the 64 page pdf and done an export from their demo site, but I'd still like to know the following:

1. What fields are supported?
2. How long can each field be?
3. As long as the delimiter is surrounded by quotes (";" or ",") will there be any problems with HTML for the description fields?

Sorry if this has been answered. I spent half an hour searching xcart and x-cart and didn't seem to find anything but the links to the PDF and the X-CART demo.

1. Yes, there will be no problems with descriptions.
2. All the fields are supported if they exist in Ecwid. For example Ecwid doesn't have category descriptions, thus this field will be ignored. If Ecwid doesn't have any field, it will be just ignored during import.

Why do you want to use X-Cart format instead of the Ecwid`s one? To import product options?
What data do you want to import?

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 06-15-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qetzal View Post
1. Yes, there will be no problems with descriptions.
2. All the fields are supported if they exist in Ecwid. For example Ecwid doesn't have category descriptions, thus this field will be ignored. If Ecwid doesn't have any field, it will be just ignored during import.
What fields do you support?

For instance, where do you map !PRODUCTID and !PRODUCTCODE and !PRODUCT? Do I use !DESCR or !FULLDESCR? You should be able to give me a table of corresponding fields, complete with an example of a correctly formatted CSV with all possible example data. The table should also include limits on data type and character length, and correct formatting for dates, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to atlantaproaudio For This Useful Post:
Freddie Venezia (11-13-2020)
Old 06-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:

For instance, where do you map !PRODUCTID and !PRODUCTCODE and !PRODUCT? Do I use !DESCR or !FULLDESCR? You should be able to give me a table of corresponding fields, complete with an example of a correctly formatted CSV with all possible example data. The table should also include limits on data type and character length, and correct formatting for dates, etc.
So actually, you need a manual/how-to/docs on creating X-Cart files to import them to Ecwid. I agree that this information will be helpful for all Ecwid users. We will post it later (it needs some time to create such a doc).

Meanwhile, can you clarify why you want to use the X-Cart format. Do you want to import options or have an X-Cart store?

Old 06-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Please refer to this article: http://kb.ecwid.com/X-Cart+import+format+and+Ecwid
Old 01-24-2011, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qetzal View Post
Meanwhile, can you clarify why you want to use the X-Cart format. Do you want to import options or have an X-Cart store?
I would like to import options. How would one go about doing this with out an X-Cart store?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid Stix View Post
I would like to import options. How would one go about doing this with out an X-Cart store?
You can use the description of the X-Cart import format: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/26373353/...inotherformats

Old 03-01-2011, 10:46 PM

Hey Guys,

I need some help with this. I want to add options to exisiting products in my store using the X-Cart import method. Please can someone give me a step by step as I am not getting anywhere...

Sam
Old 03-02-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCHire.com Shop View Post
Hey Guys,

I need some help with this. I want to add options to exisiting products in my store using the X-Cart import method. Please can someone give me a step by step as I am not getting anywhere...

Sam
X-Cart import is useful if you have an X-Cart installation and would like to migrate over to Ecwid (or just copy your inventory). One of the most simple ways is to export the products from X-Cart and then import them into Ecwid. If you don't have an X-Cart instance, you can try an X-Cart demo or download a free evaluation copy at http://x-cart.com (it doesn't prohibit exporting while in trial period).

Manual forging of a file appropriate for options import is a bit complicated, since X-Cart options are not just single-body entities. Here is a decription of the file format: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/27124243/...PRODUCTOPTIONS . You can also create your product in X-Cart demo, export it with options an see that file for a reference.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
csv, html, import, xcart