The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:20 PM

5 Column Store browser going off-screen

I have ecwid set up on different pages but for some of my categories the product browser stretches off the screen.

Any reason for this?

test.secretejewelry.com
Old 06-20-2011, 09:57 PM

I have inspected your store, and indeed in some categories the product browser does not fit the width of your site. This happens when a sum of the widths of product thumbnails and all whitespace around the products in grid is greater than a width available for the shop. Images and whitespace defined in the CSS literally strut off the product browser so it cannot get narrower than that.

So, here are the things you can do to overcome that:

1. Use less horizontal whitespace in your shop theme by adding the following rule:

Quote:
td.ecwid-productBrowser-productsGrid-cell {
padding: 0px 10px;
}
The second number in that rule represents the horizontal whitespace around products in the grid. You can lower that number even down to zero if you find that appropriate. Practically, this step alone may leave you satisfied.

2. Use narrower product images (cut the white areas on the sides of your images) or lower the thumbnail sizes (Ecwid control panel System Settings Design Thumbnail sizes).

3. Use less than 5 products per row in your products grid (the means to set that in the Ecwid embed code are described here, for the RokEcwid, Ecwid plugin for Wordpress and our free Facebook app you just go to their settings and set up the grid numbers from there).

Basically using either of these steps or any of the mcombined together will lower the width required for your products, so that the product listing will stay in the width of your site.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:14 AM

Hi Eugene, how & where do I add the rule for #1?

**EDIT: It's okay, I figured it out. Thanks!

Last edited by ameemoo shawls; 03-12-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameemoo shawls View Post
Hi Eugene, how & where do I add the rule for #1?

**EDIT: It's okay, I figured it out. Thanks!
The CSS codes go to your custom Ecwid CSS theme as usual

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.