The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:47 PM

Default Adding some articles to a Homepage

Hi
I use Expression Web for my homepage and I want to add on my homepage some (not all) articles. How can I make that?
Thx
Old 07-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Generally, you can add a selection of products to a web page using Single Product codes. You can generate such a code for every product on its editing page > Embed Product tab. In this section you can pick the elements that you'd like to display, please see the screenshot:

Then you can copy the resulting code, add it to the source of your web page and save the changes.

If you are referring to Wordpress site, you can also add a selection of products to a Page like it is described here: How to add one product to a page

Last edited by Elaine V; 07-11-2017 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:54 PM

Thank you very much! Works great.
But is it possible to change the size and the design too? It looks very big for me.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:23 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello!
Anna here, Ecwid team, thank you for the question.

Yes, it is possible to change the appearance of the Single Product widget. You can change it the following ways:

1) use the "Appearance" settings in your Ecwid Control Panel > Catalog > Products > product details page > Embed Product tab:

2) as well as other Ecwid storefront elements, the Single Product widget can be changed with the help of CSS codes. Please, refer to this article for the details on how to change the design of Ecwid elements: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...e-Ecwid-design

If you have any further questions, we are here to help.
Kind regards,

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antea View Post
Hello!

Yes, it is possible to change the appearance of the Single Product widget. You can change it the following ways:

1) use the "Appearance" settings in your Ecwid Control Panel > Catalog > Products > product details page > Embed Product tab:

2) as well as other Ecwid storefront elements, the Single Product widget can be changed with the help of CSS codes. Please, refer to this article for the details on how to change the design of Ecwid elements: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...e-Ecwid-design

Kind regards,

This embed product code is indeed totally stone age and does not fit well with blogging articles at all!

No float left/right option to wrap the text or other content within the article around product banner.

I use my own inline css within the first DIV tag to float left as seen in below image

However, the width of the banner is also a problem if you can't do your own inline css manually, because you will end up with an ugly white space to one side (if align left) or either side (if align center), due to the thinness and tallness of the banner

I use my own inline css to change width for this reason because Ecwid doesnt offer any aesthetics in this feature at all

If not it looks like this or worse

I am really baffled and surprised how Ecwid can leave this feature so incompatible for inserting into articles, where most blogs will have at least 700 to 800 p;ixel wide content areas

Come on Guys, spice the embed code up a bit with more than just unchangeable width, height and alignment features, because its embarrassing to see such thoughtlessness and lack of vision about how such an embed product code might look inside our blogposts for gosh sake!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	embed-code-no-float-left-feature-no-width-change-possible.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	3784   Click image for larger version

Name:	my-own-inline-css-change-width.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	3785   Click image for larger version

Name:	long-and-thin.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	3786   Click image for larger version

Name:	ugly-free-space.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	3787  
Old 09-16-2017, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antea View Post
Hello!

Kind regards,
Embarassing lack of features
Old 09-18-2017, 09:32 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello, Spencer!

Thank you for you invaluable feedback.

I can certainly agree with you, that it would be much easier, if the Single Product widget had properties like:

— align left\right
— width
— height

In fact, we have already reported this ideas, based on your feedback. I can't give you any ETA on when exactly this feature will be released, but we'll be sure to notify your of that.

So far, we are ready to help you with CSS, and the alignment for the widgets. Please, be sure, that you are welcomed to consult us and request help anytime with this kind of changes.

Accept our apologies, that the lacking of these features causes you distress and extra work. We do not mean that, of course, as we strive to do better and better with every piece of feedback from our merchants.

Thank you for understanding.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.