The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-27-2015, 03:54 PM

Organize Order of Products Without Assigning a Category

Hi! I would like all my products to show on the same page (I only have 8, so no need for categories). When I try to organize the products in a specific order, it only allows me to do so if I have them in a category. Then, only 1 link to the category displays on the store page. Is there a way to display all 8 of my products on the store's main page in a specific order of my choosing?
Old 08-30-2015, 08:31 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Emerson View Post
Hi! I would like all my products to show on the same page (I only have 8, so no need for categories). When I try to organize the products in a specific order, it only allows me to do so if I have them in a category. Then, only 1 link to the category displays on the store page. Is there a way to display all 8 of my products on the store's main page in a specific order of my choosing?
Hello,

It is possible but you will still need to add your products to a category, sort them and then force this category to open when the store page is visited. Please, refer to this article for details: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/port...dtoanycategory
Old 09-01-2015, 02:40 AM

Thanks for the reply Liza, but I do not understand where to paste the code... I have tried to paste it into the app settings display and also settings > design. Just to be clear, when my clients click on "Services", I only offer 8 icons to click, each one representing a different service. I would like it to stay as is in that all 8 show, but I want to arrange them in a particular order. When I follow instructions to do so, it categorizes the products, thereby making the category icon show. HELP!
Old 09-09-2015, 12:08 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Liza, but I do not understand where to paste the code... I have tried to paste it into the app settings display and also settings > design. Just to be clear, when my clients click on "Services", I only offer 8 icons to click, each one representing a different service. I would like it to stay as is in that all 8 show, but I want to arrange them in a particular order. When I follow instructions to do so, it categorizes the products, thereby making the category icon show. HELP!
Hello,

You need to add the categories integration code to the Advanced settings field in your Wix Online store app settings. Where to find the Advanced settings field:
– Open your Wix administration area, choose “Edit site”, then open the page where you added Ecwid app.
– Place the cursor on the area with shop and double click. A popup window with app settings will appear.
– Scroll down to advanced settings. There will be a box where you can add the code.
– Add your code to a box. Close this popup. Then save the changes and click “Publish” button.

In case you need to rearrange the order of the categories, you do this using drag and drop. Go to your Ecwid control panel -> Catalog -> Categories page, and sort the categories the needed way using drag and drop.

I have checked your store and as far as I can see you do not have categories in your store at all, all the products are listed on the store front page.

Please, let me know if you need any assistance with this.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:50 PM

Default DOES NOT WORK

Thanks Liza for the response. I followed your instructions precisely, using this code in the advanced section:

defaultCategoryId=%categoryId%

This is what is shown on my page now:

https://share.shutterfly.com/share/r...0CauGLFu4aOXGg

I am removing the categories and the code now because I cannot keep my site like this. I would like the site to show only my products NOT CATEGORIES, but I would like to arrange them. Can Ecwid find a solution for this? This seems like a reasonable feature to have...

Thanks in advance for guidance.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:21 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Thanks Liza for the response. I followed your instructions precisely, using this code in the advanced section:

defaultCategoryId=%categoryId%

This is what is shown on my page now:

https://share.shutterfly.com/share/r...0CauGLFu4aOXGg

I am removing the categories and the code now because I cannot keep my site like this. I would like the site to show only my products NOT CATEGORIES, but I would like to arrange them. Can Ecwid find a solution for this? This seems like a reasonable feature to have...

Thanks in advance for guidance.
Hello,

I am sorry it looks like I misunderstood your previous question and gave you the instructions on adding the Categories widget to your site and sorting the categories instead of steps on sorting the products. I am sorry for that.

Please, find the instructions on sorting the products that do not belong to any category below.

1) Add all not assigned to categories products to a specific category called for ex. "Featured products".
2) Manually sort products in this category. For this:

- Go to the Settings → General → Cart page and modify the Default Products Sort Order setting.

- Choose Defined by store owner, this way your customers will see products in the same order as you specify them on the Catalog → Categories page:

• Go to the Catalog → Categories.
  • Click the newly created category.
  • Go to the "Category products" tab.
  • Drag and drop the products to sort them.
  • Save the changes.

3) Force your product browser to show the products from this category by default. To do this, go to Wix App settings > Storefront settings. Under the "Default category" section choose the this category to open by default from the dropdown menu, see the screenshot: http://take.ms/4iqcN

Then publish the site.

The products should be displayed in the specified order.

If you have any questions, please, let me know.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:24 AM

Hi Liza!
WOW! Thank you! This is exactly what I needed, and was very simple to achieve. As feedback for your team, I recommend making this more clear under the Help section so it's not such a hassle for your tech associates.

Thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to Heather Emerson For This Useful Post:
Liza P (10-07-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 08:57 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hi Liza!
WOW! Thank you! This is exactly what I needed, and was very simple to achieve. As feedback for your team, I recommend making this more clear under the Help section so it's not such a hassle for your tech associates.

Thanks again!
Thank you for the update and your feedback. We will think on how to improve the instructions.

Thank you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
categories, order