The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:54 PM

Thank You Page Not Found, among other things

Hi!

I am having several issues with my Ecwid store...

1) When a customer places an order, instead of directing him/her to a thank you page, it says "our apologies, this page was not found".

2) When a customer goes to share their order with facebook, the same message appears.

3) I have heard from multiple people that the 'bag' pop-up doesn't appear in the browser when a new item is added to the cart. This is for safari users.

4) Is it possible to copy and paste the link of a product? For example, if I'm recommending product A to a consumer, can I email a direct link of that product to him/her?

5) What if I want to have my store on multiple sites? What do I put for the storefront URL?

Sorry for all of this confusion - Any help I get will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Killeen View Post
Hi!

I am having several issues with my Ecwid store...

1) When a customer places an order, instead of directing him/her to a thank you page, it says "our apologies, this page was not found".

2) When a customer goes to share their order with facebook, the same message appears.

3) I have heard from multiple people that the 'bag' pop-up doesn't appear in the browser when a new item is added to the cart. This is for safari users.

4) Is it possible to copy and paste the link of a product? For example, if I'm recommending product A to a consumer, can I email a direct link of that product to him/her?

5) What if I want to have my store on multiple sites? What do I put for the storefront URL?

Sorry for all of this confusion - Any help I get will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!
Hi,

Can you please provide your store URL?

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 03-12-2013, 05:27 PM

Default Store Front

www.pioneervalleyfitness.com

www.pioneervalleyfitness.com/supplements
Old 03-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Thank you.

Quote:

Is there any specific settings or conditions for reproducing these issues? Do you reproduce them yourself?
Would you mind if I place a test order in your store to check this?

Quote:
I've tried browsing your store in Safari and for me, everything works fine. The minicart widget properly displays: http://d.pr/i/AMNW . Can you specify how I can reproduce it?

Quote:
Sure. Please refer to this article:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/23947954/...0or%20category

Quote:
You certainly can use your Ecwid storefront on multiple sites. That is actually one of the greatest Ecwid's advantages: you can install your storefront to an unlimited number of places (Facebook, your blog or site, a partner's site etc.) simultaneously and manage them all from single control panel - all the stores will be synchronized automatically.

As to the storefront URL setting - you can put there one of your storefront URLs. Please refer to this article for the information on that setting:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853313/Store%20URL

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 03-13-2013, 01:44 PM

Default Reply

Is there any specific settings or conditions for reproducing these issues? Do you reproduce them yourself?
Would you mind if I place a test order in your store to check this?

Please do...As of right now, the PayPal button isn't working it all.

I've tried browsing your store in Safari and for me, everything works fine. The minicart widget properly displays: http://d.pr/i/AMNW . Can you specify how I can reproduce it?

I think I alleviated this problem by selecting the function that brings you right to the cart when you add a new product

Sure. Please refer to this article:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/23947954/...0or%20category

This doesn't work. I get the same error page that I get when I try and checkout via PayPal. I have PayPal Payments Advanced and everything checks out ok in terms of set-up. Here's an example of one of my products...

http://pioneervalleyfitness.com/supp...88&id=19011491

You certainly can use your Ecwid storefront on multiple sites. That is actually one of the greatest Ecwid's advantages: you can install your storefront to an unlimited number of places (Facebook, your blog or site, a partner's site etc.) simultaneously and manage them all from single control panel - all the stores will be synchronized automatically.

Is there any way to determine which sales come from which site?

As to the storefront URL setting - you can put there one of your storefront URLs. Please refer to this article for the information on that setting:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853313/Store%20URL[/QUOTE]
Old 03-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
This doesn't work. I get the same error page that I get when I try and checkout via PayPal. I have PayPal Payments Advanced and everything checks out ok in terms of set-up. Here's an example of one of my products...

http://pioneervalleyfitness.com/supp...88&id=19011491
Thank you. Now I see.

The issue is not anyhow connected with PayPal. In fact, it doesn't even have anything to do with Ecwid. The reason why such links return 'Page not found' error is the custom code you use on your site. In the source of your store page, I found this code:
Code:
  if (window.location.hash.indexOf('#!/') == 0) {
        window.location.replace(window.location.hash.substr(2));
    }
That code changes page URL when the address contains hash part - it simply removes that part and redirects customer to a non-existant page, which results in the error you saw.

In order to fix the issue, you will need to remove that code.

Quote:
Is there any way to determine which sales come from which site?
Yes, please refer to this article:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/52602187/...%20came%20from

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 03-15-2013, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makfruit View Post
Thank you. Now I see.

The issue is not anyhow connected with PayPal. In fact, it doesn't even have anything to do with Ecwid. The reason why such links return 'Page not found' error is the custom code you use on your site. In the source of your store page, I found this code:
Code:
  if (window.location.hash.indexOf('#!/') == 0) {
        window.location.replace(window.location.hash.substr(2));
    }
That code changes page URL when the address contains hash part - it simply removes that part and redirects customer to a non-existant page, which results in the error you saw.

In order to fix the issue, you will need to remove that code.
I can't figure out why it's doing that or how to remove it. Thanks again though for your help

Last edited by Eugene Rimmer; 03-15-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:17 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
I can't figure out why it's doing that or how to remove it. Thanks again though for your help
As far as I can see, that code doesn't do anything useful and it would be best to remove it. The exact way of removing it depends on what platform you use and where you host your site. Either way, I'd recommend contacting your programmer or hosting provider on this matter - hopefully they will help.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 03-20-2013, 03:48 AM

They basically told me to get a new shopping cart. Can you think of any other possible workarounds? I can add custom code, I just can't remove anything that's already on the Ning platform.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
They basically told me to get a new shopping cart. Can you think of any other possible workarounds? I can add custom code, I just can't remove anything that's already on the Ning platform.
That's actually a quite weird decision of Ning. Sorry for that.

The good news is there are workarounds. Please find them in this thread:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17037

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.