The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:03 AM

Default Catagory On Front PAge Help

I have a custom front page for my site....www.cdarmssupply.com/index4.php (this is test page).

Id like to add the items in the 'new arrival' category on the front page. I was trying to utilize the code that allows a default category to show but I do not want and of the normal store links to show...Account line, Grid,List line...I just want the products to show.

Is there anyway to do this so I do not have to add each item individually?
Old 09-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Baktis View Post
I have a custom front page for my site....www.cdarmssupply.com/index4.php (this is test page).

Id like to add the items in the 'new arrival' category on the front page. I was trying to utilize the code that allows a default category to show but I do not want and of the normal store links to show...Account line, Grid,List line...I just want the products to show.

Is there anyway to do this so I do not have to add each item individually?
Hello,

It is totally possible to create a separate category for new products and display it on the front page of the store using this instruction: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853258/...duct%20browser

In order to hide the breadcrumbs and "View as" link and "Sign In" link, please, follow the instructions from these articles:
How to remove breadcrumbs
How to remove "View as" links
How to remove "Sign In" link

After you apply the changes, upon entering your store your customers will see the products from the "New arrival" category on the front storepage. The path to the category as well as the "View as" and "Sign In" links won't be seen.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:44 AM

I was actually looking to put the new arrivals on the main page and remove the breadcrumbs and other things only on the front page where I have more then just the shopping items....I still want the breadcrumbs and other items if someone clicks on a product or goes to the shopping area...

Can these items be removed from one page only?
Old 09-03-2013, 07:16 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Baktis View Post
I was actually looking to put the new arrivals on the main page and remove the breadcrumbs and other things only on the front page where I have more then just the shopping items....I still want the breadcrumbs and other items if someone clicks on a product or goes to the shopping area...

Can these items be removed from one page only?
Hi,

Thank you for clarification.

Yes, you can remove those links only for a certain category, for instance, the one you want to display on the front store page. To do that you will need to specify the CSS class of this particular page. The CSS code you should use to remove the breadcrumbs, the "View as" and "Sign in" links is as follows:

Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-CategoryPage-CATEGORY_ID div.ecwid-results-topPanel div.ecwid-results-topPanel-viewAsPanel,
div.ecwid-productBrowser-CategoryPage-CATEGORY_ID div.ecwid-productBrowser-categoryPath,
div.ecwid-productBrowser-CategoryPage-CATEGORY_ID div.ecwid-productBrowser-auth {
display: none;
}
where CATEGORY_ID is the the ID of the category which you will display on the front store page by default. Please, refer to the following article, for instructions on how to get ID of the category.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.