The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:06 PM

Two stores using one plan

I am already using the free plan and I have 2 stores selling different products so I have two different logins, passwords, etc. Anyways, I was wondering, if I upgrade to the Silver plan do I have to upgrade both accounts and pay $17/month twice ($34/month) for two stores or can I combine the stores but still keep my products separate? The reason why is I want to offer the discount codes for both of the stores (they are sister companies) but I don't know if we are ready to pay $34/month for that feature.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Ecwid Team

If you use two different Ecwid account and two different shops, it'd be better to upgrade them separately. In this case you will get two independent Silver accounts which can be managed separately, have different settings, orders etc, moreover, you will be able to use not only Discount coupons, but lots of other useful features, like protected download links for e-goods, stock control for options, accept the terms before ordering etc. You can find a full list of differences here: www.ecwid.com/compare-plans.html

Alternatively, you can merge your stores and upgrade only one account. In this case products still can show separately and in different sites. To do this you will need to create hidden root categories for each of your stores. It will allow you to store products for different shops in one Ecwid account and separate root categories allow to show different products sets in different shops.

But you should remember that technically it will be one shop, and as a result, shops placed to different sites will have the same settings, orders, shipping methods etc.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maya For This Useful Post:
Margriet Pronk (09-12-2012), Nubson Design (03-28-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 09:10 AM

I think my problem fits this topic, so here it is: We have a silver plan for 17$ monthly. And possibly, we want to start another store, separately. My question is: if we start a new store, do we have to pay the new prices, or we get the old 17$/m price, and pay 34$ together? We also want to use the old store products in the new store, so is it possible, to copy the whole database, setups, methods, ect. to the new store? One more: if this copypaste work, how can we make a full backup? Include gallery pictures (full size) products with options, categories (all, not just 3), so everything. Maybe a full mysql file, and a zipped gallery!? Thanks a lot, and sorry for my grammar... ^^

http://extremeaudio.hu
Old 09-12-2012, 11:58 AM

Do I get it right that the new store will actually be a copy of the old store? If so, there is a way to use one Ecwid control panel and two storefronts, and thus pay just for one account. Please refer to this post for details:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...48202#poststop
Old 09-12-2012, 02:54 PM

Actually no. The second store will be a totally different thing. Different name, taxes, discounts, emails, ect. The copy prucedure just because some of the products on the first store, are the same on the new, but a simple export/import not enugh, because a lots of pictures and option will be lose. So, now it's clear for me, we have to start a new plan. So the question is the same. Can we get the old price for the 2nd store, or the new ones. Maybe you have a 3rd solution. Thanks
Old 09-13-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeAudio View Post
Actually no. The second store will be a totally different thing. Different name, taxes, discounts, emails, ect. The copy prucedure just because some of the products on the first store, are the same on the new, but a simple export/import not enugh, because a lots of pictures and option will be lose. So, now it's clear for me, we have to start a new plan. So the question is the same. Can we get the old price for the 2nd store, or the new ones. Maybe you have a 3rd solution. Thanks
Just create the 2nd account now, make sure its email is confirmed, and you will be able to get the now pricing for the then usage. Same applies to the 3rd account you may need.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:38 AM

Thanks for your answer! I created the store, upgraded to silver. Everything is fine yet We appreciate your work and development! Go ahead guys!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
discount codes, silver plan, stores