The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-06-2017, 06:48 AM
Morag Gamble Our Permaculture Life's Avatar

My money was send back to buyers after I dispatched- what happened?

I thought I had connected my paypal account to ECWID, but just found out it did not work when paypal returned the money, but I have already dispatched the product. Where is there step by step instructions for sorting out paypal link?
Old 04-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morag Gamble Our Permaculture Life View Post
I thought I had connected my paypal account to ECWID, but just found out it did not work when paypal returned the money, but I have already dispatched the product. Where is there step by step instructions for sorting out paypal link?
Hi,

It’s Daria from Ecwid Customer Care team.

You can see the instructions on how to set up PayPal in this article: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/articles/207806845 You should have a registered PayPal merchant account which you will connect to your store to accept the payments.

I've checked your control panel and see that there is an order number 7 which has 'Awaiting Payment' status. You can see why it has this status in order details: go to control panel > My sales > Orders > click on order #7. In Additional Information section, you will see the transaction details. Here is what you can see in this case:

Quote:
Pending reason returned by PayPal:
The payment is pending because it was made to an email address that is not yet registered or confirmed.
Looks like there is no PayPayl account registered for the email address which you specified in the settings of PayPal in your Ecwid control panel. Since there is no such account, the money will be returned to the customer automatically by PayPal. You can also see the most often reasons why the order gets 'Awaiting payment' status here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...l#queuedorders

If you have already sent the order, I would recommend you to contact the customer and explain the situation. They can send you the money for the order directly to your PayPal account. Remember to specify the correct email address in Settings > Payment > PayPal.

If you have any other questions, feel free to write back. We are always glad to help.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.