The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:36 PM

paypal "payment method is temporarily unavailable"

I'm not sure what to do next...
I've checked the forums, and I wasn't able to find any help. I've set up my API signature, user name, and password. But when I get someone to try a transaction, they get the above message when they use the paypal button.
Thanks!
Old 07-06-2015, 08:27 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compass Farms View Post
I'm not sure what to do next...
I've checked the forums, and I wasn't able to find any help. I've set up my API signature, user name, and password. But when I get someone to try a transaction, they get the above message when they use the paypal button.
Thanks!
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you faced this issue.

I have checked your store here https://store7253116.ecwid.com/ I added some products to cart, went to checkout and clicked "Continue" button to go to PayPal. I was successfully redirected to PayPal page, which means that on the side of Ecwid everything works fine. Let me here explain in short how online payment methods work in Ecwid:

1. You go to Ecwid store, add products to cart and go to checkout.
2. On the "Payment details" page you click "Continue" button and Ecwid redirects you to the secure payment gateway page (in your case that is PayPal). At this moment Ecwid also transfers to the payment system the data about customer and order.
3. The payment itself happens on the side of the payment gateway, after which the payment system sends Ecwid the information about the transaction: whether the order was paid or not. According to this information Ecwid "chooses" order status (Paid, Awaiting payment, etc.). See more details about how online payment methods work in Ecwid here http://help.ecwid.com/customer/portal/articles/1535472

As I mentioned before, in your store at checkout, I was redirected to PayPal with no problems. If you still see "Payment method is temporarily unavailable" error, please provide more information so that I could reproduce this error in your store:
– which products you add to cart, which address you use
– provide the exact wording of the error you get
– a screenshot could be also of great help.

Read more about PayPal settings and possible errors in our article http://help.ecwid.com/customer/portal/articles/1161285 Please, write back if the issue isn't solved.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Last edited by Daria Shmanatova; 07-06-2015 at 08:29 AM.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.