The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-12-2017, 04:42 PM

Shipping vs Pick up Options

Looking for a way to have some perishable items as "PICK UP ONLY" while other items can be either pick up or ship. All the KB info says it's not possible. Any news on that front?
Old 06-13-2017, 05:49 PM

Hello Linda, don't know if this will directly assist you and your question. I have asked similar questions in the past and I am using the Search function (Rebecca Lea) to find all the answers and walk arounds I received from the team. Questions were regarding Free and Pick Up divisions. Take a look and see if it helps you while you wait for the direct response to your question. Have a successful day.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:05 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello!
Anna here, Ecwid team, thank you for the message.

I understand your request. Currently all shipping options set up in your Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Shipping & Pickup will be offered as a choice for your customers at checkout, regardless of what products are added to bag. I'm sorry, there is no built-in option that will let you set certain items as "pick-up only" items.
I see your point here, though, and I've already passed your feedback to our Product Management team for review.

Right now, as an alternative, I can suggest the following options:

1) add a note at the product details page for the products that can only be picked up. You can add a note to the Product Description field, for example (in your Catalog > Products > Product details page), or right to the options panel on the product details page, so it looks the following way:

If you'd like to apply this change, you can:

- go to your Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Design > "Edit Theme" button
- add the following CSS code to your active custom CSS theme (after all the existing codes). The values in the code (content, font size and color, for example) can be changed to any value you'd like to use.

Code:
.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage .ecwid-productBrowser-details-inStockLabel:after {
    display: block;
    content: "Available for pick-up only";
    font-size: 16px;
    color: #5974C1;
    text-decoration: underline;
    padding-top: 10px;
}
- save the changes.

If you do not have a custom CSS theme yet, you can create one by clicking the "Create Theme" options in Settings > Design.

The note will help to inform your customers about the pick-up only option before they add a product to bag.

2) It may be possible to create a custom solution specifically for your request using Ecwid API: https://developers.ecwid.com/api-documentation
Please, note that this is an advanced way of customising your store. If you need technical assistance, you can hire a developer who can do this for you, or you'd like, you can fill out this form: https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv and our Customisation team engineers will be glad to help you develop a solution (if there is any), on a paid basis. Thank you!

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us for help.

Kind regards,

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:23 PM

Thanks. Yes, I did add to the description that they are for pick up only and will add the additional note in the options panel as you suggested. But you know people... if they see they have the ability to check on shipping, they will, regardless of how many times they have been told not to. Then there is the headache of notifying them of the cancelled order and a refund.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:13 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Medero View Post
Thanks. Yes, I did add to the description that they are for pick up only and will add the additional note in the options panel as you suggested. But you know people... if they see they have the ability to check on shipping, they will, regardless of how many times they have been told not to. Then there is the headache of notifying them of the cancelled order and a refund.
Hi Linda,

thanks a lot for your feedback!

We understand that it's rather a workaround, then a straightforward solution. At the moment, shipping methods can be assigned to destination zones – the areas where you can ship the orders to. Unfortunately, there is no way at the moment to assign shipping methods to certain products in the control panel. We have plans to add this feature in the future, but I can't say the exact ETA now, sorry.

Still, if you need the feature in the nearest future, there’s an option for you. Such a functionality can be added by a custom application based on our API. Please note this solution will require custom coding. If you need a professional help with such customization, you may want to hire a developer. In Ecwid, we offer a customization service on a paid basis. If you are interested in, please fill out this form: https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv Our customization team will review your request and get back to you with the quote.

I hope this will help. Please, let me know should you have further questions. I'll be glad to help.
Ecwid Knowlegde Base
Old 06-15-2017, 12:36 PM

Thank you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
pick up, shipping