The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:12 PM

Is there a way to email an invoice?

I just got my first sale today! 4 6-Packs of Great Lakes Christmas Ale!

I am acting as a dropshipper and I want to email the order invoice to the person who will be sending my product. I see there's a Print Invoice button. Is there anything for Email Invoice? I want each of my orders to automatically go to a specific email address with the order details so they will know where to ship it to.

Tony
http://BestBeerOnline.com
Old 12-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Paternite View Post
I just got my first sale today! 4 6-Packs of Great Lakes Christmas Ale!

I am acting as a dropshipper and I want to email the order invoice to the person who will be sending my product. I see there's a Print Invoice button. Is there anything for Email Invoice? I want each of my orders to automatically go to a specific email address with the order details so they will know where to ship it to.

Tony
http://BestBeerOnline.com
Tony,

Congrats!

Each time a customer places an order Ecwid sends an email to the store owner.
So you can do the following:

1. Create a special email for such notifications.
2. Create a filter, that forwards all emails to your mailbox and forward all emails about new orders to the specific email too.

Usually hosting control panels allow such setups.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 12-01-2009, 04:59 PM

Question Email Notifications

Thanks for the reply.

The email sent out to me by Ecwid looks like this:
Order #8 has been just created using payment method: PayPal Express Checkout
---

And then another with this:
Order #8 has just been paid using payment method: PayPal Express Checkout
---

Is there any way I can have it send me an email with the shipping and product information included without having to log into Ecwid and retrieve it?

Tony
Buy Beer Online
Old 12-01-2009, 05:22 PM

Tony

You can configure the emails to say whatever you want.

Go to :System Settings

Mail

Tab - Admin Notifications

Then click on [ Edit Message] for New Order. Then configure your email message.

Have you thought about using a php script to read the contents of your email inbox say once an hour and then having the script recognise any "New Order" emails received from Ecwid in the last hour and then send a copy to the person who will ship the order.

The script could be activated by a cron job to run every hour.

You would have to ensur ethat your email client leaves the incoming mail on the mail server for say 1 day.

Andrew
Old 12-01-2009, 09:54 PM

Smile Email Notifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevated Aspects View Post
Tony

You can configure the emails to say whatever you want.

Go to :System Settings

Mail

Tab - Admin Notifications

Then click on [ Edit Message] for New Order. Then configure your email message.

Have you thought about using a php script to read the contents of your email inbox say once an hour and then having the script recognise any "New Order" emails received from Ecwid in the last hour and then send a copy to the person who will ship the order.

The script could be activated by a cron job to run every hour.

You would have to ensur ethat your email client leaves the incoming mail on the mail server for say 1 day.

Andrew
Thanks a ton Andrew! That was exactly what I needed.

I think I am going to simply use Gmail to automatically forward my Ecwid order emails to the beer store owner who will be fulfilling the orders.

Tony
Buy Beer Online
Old 12-18-2009, 08:48 PM

Hi Tony,

I did something similar previously , I just used MS Outlook rules to look out for certain emails and then forward them on.

I had a look at your site - looks great well done.
As far as your deal with the beer manufacturer , how did you manage to get such an arrange and what happens if the customer wants to return the product, who picks up the cost ? etc. I'm interested because I am about to possibly enter into a similar arrangement.
PM me if it's easier
cheers
peter
Old 02-19-2013, 10:33 PM

Hi, our online shop is working for the last two months now; we would like to have the option that an invoice is sent to the customer right after checking out: since we only leave PAYPAL or CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS, orders are always paid. Can we set up this fonction automatically: Ecwid already sends a confirmation order, why don't you send invoice ?

VAT: we produce in France, export from France, to worldwide destinations. What are the rules in terms of VAT ? depending on destination: what about if we send items to Canada ? thanks for your answer. Michel

Last edited by Maya; 02-21-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:43 PM

Default how to automatize invoice sending to buyer's email ?

Hi, in France it is mandatory to send an invoice upon being paid.
Ecwid sends a confirmation notice after purchase.
What must I do so, each time a customer purchased something from my online shop, to have him receive a corresponding email and a copy to our back office.
Is it necessary to go by Ecwid export tool ? could you give me precise instructions to achieve this, and, if it is necessary to buy a service from Ewid, I want to do it: shortly we will be overwhelmed because of the launching of an affiliation program, and we cannot manually take care of each and every invoice: it must be automated, by bulk (batches).
My idea was to buy Quickbooks + Ecwid export tool but there is not such a Quickbooks in french, so I look for other solutions. Our issue is not accounting purpose, just legal: we must send out an invoice for each and every sale paid. Thanks for you answer. Michel
Old 02-21-2013, 09:32 PM

Default forwarding invoices

Since Ecwid sends automatically a confirmation notice to each customer, I would like to set up a rule so, instead of a confirmation notice, the invoice itself is sent out to the client. Can this be done somehow ? Michel
Old 02-21-2013, 09:58 PM

ecwid doesnt send the 'pretty' invoice to you or the customer - just the order note (in plain text) . Invoices have to printed off (as far as I know) they arent emailed.

It would be very nice to be able to edit the invoice and also email it to the customer.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
automatic, invoice, setting, shipping