The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:01 PM

Shipping Method:Using Cutom Chart

So I want to use USPS as my carrier and the rates for Priority Flat Rate Boxes, but I have to use the custom table to set up my shipping method and rates. It seems that the only way I can choose USPS as my courier service if I choose the Shipping Method: Carrier-Calculated. How can I make sure I'm using USPS and still use a custom table. Is this possible?
Old 05-12-2017, 06:43 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia721 View Post
So I want to use USPS as my carrier and the rates for Priority Flat Rate Boxes, but I have to use the custom table to set up my shipping method and rates. It seems that the only way I can choose USPS as my courier service if I choose the Shipping Method: Carrier-Calculated. How can I make sure I'm using USPS and still use a custom table. Is this possible?
Hi Patricia,

This is Wendy from Ecwid team. Thanks a lot for getting in touch with us!

Ecwid provides you with a tool allowing to calculate the shipping amount and charge it from your customers. There are three ways to calculate the shipping cost for an order and you are free to use any of them:

- Carrier-calculated online shipping rates: if you use online rates in your store, the shipping cost is calculated by carrier (for ex. USPS);
- Flat rate: a fixed shipping fee that is applied to all orders;
- Custom table: shipping rates are based on order weight/subtotal.

As far as I understand, you'd like to use the "Custom table" method in order to calculate shipping amount. You totally can use custom table shipping method in the store and physically ship the parcels via USPS.

When you physically send the products to the customer, you are free to choose ANY post service you want.

Hope this will help!

If you have other concerns, please feel free to write me back and it will be my pleasure to assist you further. Have a wonderful day!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
custom table, priority flate rate boxes, shipping, shipping methods, usps