The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:19 PM

Google Analytics Conversion Tracking

I'm having trouble getting google analytics to track sales. I am testing it now and have no live payment methods setup or enabled. Just the demo credit card and the demo payment. http://mountainmight.com/how-to-buy/ I've read pretty much everything on the ecwid kb and forums. I love the Ecwid product and will shortly sign up for the paid version to access its features. Hopefully I'll get an answer that goes somewhere so that I can remain loyal.

The only part of Ecwid I have on my website is that I added the "Add to Bag" button for one product with its Product HTML Code. I have followed instructions on the Ecwid knowledge base to put my Google Analytics Web Property ID into the Ecwid settings. (It has been there for months now.) In Google Analytics my site is set-up as an e-commerce site from the GA admin settings.

To make a purchase I go to the page on my website where the “add to bag” button is located. Click add to bag. The pop-up is displayed. I sign in and make the purchase. I never stray from that ecwid popup. (I've read that pay-pal can cause problems with this because you are transferred to complete payment and hope for myself the demo payments aren't causing GA not to get data from Ecwid.)

I had everything setup weeks ago and nothing showed up and am testing it today as I prepare for product launch.

I plan on taking my store live in the next few weeks and hope this is worked out before then. My product "add to bag" button is located at http://mountainmight.com/how-to-buy/

Also: Load times for the button are extremely long.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Might View Post
I'm having trouble getting google analytics to track sales. I am testing it now and have no live payment methods setup or enabled. Just the demo credit card and the demo payment. http://mountainmight.com/how-to-buy/ I've read pretty much everything on the ecwid kb and forums. I love the Ecwid product and will shortly sign up for the paid version to access its features. Hopefully I'll get an answer that goes somewhere so that I can remain loyal.

The only part of Ecwid I have on my website is that I added the "Add to Bag" button for one product with its Product HTML Code. I have followed instructions on the Ecwid knowledge base to put my Google Analytics Web Property ID into the Ecwid settings. (It has been there for months now.) In Google Analytics my site is set-up as an e-commerce site from the GA admin settings.

To make a purchase I go to the page on my website where the “add to bag” button is located. Click add to bag. The pop-up is displayed. I sign in and make the purchase. I never stray from that ecwid popup. (I've read that pay-pal can cause problems with this because you are transferred to complete payment and hope for myself the demo payments aren't causing GA not to get data from Ecwid.)

I had everything setup weeks ago and nothing showed up and am testing it today as I prepare for product launch.

I plan on taking my store live in the next few weeks and hope this is worked out before then. My product "add to bag" button is located at http://mountainmight.com/how-to-buy/
Hello,

Doest it track Ecwid pages visits? Do you see your store pages in the reports in GA back-end? See also: How do Ecwid pages look in GA backend?

In other words, the problem is only connected with the sales reports or GA doesn't your store at all? Also, does it track the other pages of your site?

I can check whether the code properly executes. In order to do it I will need to place a test order in your store. Would you mind if I do it?

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Ecwid For This Useful Post:
Mountain Might (10-12-2012)
Old 10-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Also: Load times for the button are extremely long.
I've inspected the product page. As far as I can see, its loading speed is quite acceptable. It actually loads in 4-5 seconds for me. I'd like to point out that it is not only Ecwid Add to cart widget loading time - it is the time of the whole page loading. I've checked it in the browser developer tools and, as far as I can see, the add to cart button itself and the related resources take about one second to load.

However, I understand that it may load slowly in your case as you have different Internet connection and software on your side. That's why we always ask to test your store in different environments in order to find out what causes speed issues:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/25986445/...0to%20fix%20it

In particular, could you answer the following:
1. How your simple store (http://mountainmight.ecwid.com/simple-store) works for you?
2. How our demo store works for you?
3. What browser do you use? Did you try using other browsers?
4. Can you test your store using other Internet connection?
5. Do you have any antivirus/firewall software installed on your computer? If so, please try to disable it temporary and test again.

Thanks.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Mountain Might (10-04-2012)
Old 10-04-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makfruit View Post
Hello,

Doest it track Ecwid pages visits? Do you see your store pages in the reports in GA back-end? See also: How do Ecwid pages look in GA backend?

In other words, the problem is only connected with the sales reports or GA doesn't your store at all? Also, does it track the other pages of your site?

I can check whether the code properly executes. In order to do it I will need to place a test order in your store. Would you mind if I do it?

Thank you for your quick reply to both messages! The load time has improved. It was most likely the internet connection.

As for GA:

In GA it tracked visits for two Ecwid pages "/checkout/shippingDetails" and "/product/####...". Due to the limited usage of Ecwid on my site via the add to cart button I'm not sure what others should appear in GA backend. I believe that more than these two Ecwid page visits are necessary to complete a transaction.

When I sent the initial message I had placed 4 demo orders on my site with appx :30 minutes in between each. I went into Ecwid backend and made sure they all showed Accepted and Delivered (as I wasn't sure if they were going through or there was another problem). Then as I go back into GA as I'm writing this message the Ecwid pages in GA backend do not show up 4 times as one would expect. "/checkout/shippingDetails" shows up twice and "/product/####" shows up once.

As of now, my best guess is that it's not tracking sales at all and only partially tracking the Ecwid page visits. Yes, GA tracks the other pages of the site. FYI: My site is in WP and is hosted on Godaddy. I have the GA tracking CODE pasted in immediately before the closing </head> tag. and also various plugins that has the GA tracking ID U-xxxx... saved.

I would be very happy for you to place a demo order so that we could get this problem resolved. Again, Thanks for the speedy reply. I hope I've answered all the questions you had. If it would be easier for you I would be willing to skype and share my screen with you. PM me if that is the case.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

I've tested it: I placed test orders and checked the code. From what I can see, it works correctly. Please check whether the placed order were tracked. Thanks.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Mountain Might (10-08-2012)
Old 10-08-2012, 03:57 PM

Matvey,

Prior to accepting the orders, GA Ecommerce section said no orders were place. I went into Ecwid and accepted both orders because you made phone orders. Went back into GA, it tracked them perfectly!

When I made the orders previously. I used the demo payments (DEMO or DEMO credit card). Is there something in Ecwid that says "don't send demo orders to GA."?

Thanks for your help!

-Zac
Old 10-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Matvey,

Prior to accepting the orders, GA Ecommerce section said no orders were place. I went into Ecwid and accepted both orders because you made phone orders. Went back into GA, it tracked them perfectly!

When I made the orders previously. I used the demo payments (DEMO or DEMO credit card). Is there something in Ecwid that says "don't send demo orders to GA."?

Thanks for your help!

-Zac
Zac,

Demo payment method isn't the reason - Google Analytics should tracks sales regardless of selected payment method. I've just placed two test orders using the demo payments in your store. Please check whether they have been tracked.

Thank you.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 10-08-2012, 09:08 PM

Matvey,

Those test orders you placed went through also.

I did several test orders myself some worked some didn't. I'll go through my process with you.

First, I thought it could be an issue with "signing in" because everytime I had done it in the past I "signed in" but, it wasn't working for me signed in or not. So I wanted to test different computers. I did a test with three total computers. My primary computer, that I set Ecwid and GA up with didn't register the orders, while the others two computers did.

I realized that I was using different browsers on each computer:
MAC1- Chrome (FAIL)
PC- IE (SUCCESS)
MAC2- Safari (SUCCESS)
MACphone- Safari (SUCCESS)

I went back to MAC1 tested with both Firefox and Safari. Sure enough they worked like a charm. Thought it could have been Chrome in general but I went to the PC and the transaction went through using Chrome.

Thanks,
Zac
Old 10-09-2012, 08:08 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Matvey,

Those test orders you placed went through also.

I did several test orders myself some worked some didn't. I'll go through my process with you.

First, I thought it could be an issue with "signing in" because everytime I had done it in the past I "signed in" but, it wasn't working for me signed in or not. So I wanted to test different computers. I did a test with three total computers. My primary computer, that I set Ecwid and GA up with didn't register the orders, while the others two computers did.

I realized that I was using different browsers on each computer:
MAC1- Chrome (FAIL)
PC- IE (SUCCESS)
MAC2- Safari (SUCCESS)
MACphone- Safari (SUCCESS)

I went back to MAC1 tested with both Firefox and Safari. Sure enough they worked like a charm. Thought it could have been Chrome in general but I went to the PC and the transaction went through using Chrome.

Thanks,
Zac
Zac,

Thanks for the detailed investigation. It has made the issue way more clear.

The fact that the problem is reproduced only in that browser means that it's related to the browser itself or to the browser extensions. The latter is more likely. Please try to disable all Chrome extensions and test it. Especially, please pay attention to security and spam prevention extensions, e.g. Adblock - they may block GA calls in some cases.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 10-22-2012, 04:03 PM

Default Some track some don't

I have had 3 order placed and only 1 of them tracked. Not sure why. Over the past few days I have read all the forum lost related to this and updated PayPal accordingly. Any idea what may be wrong?
http://www.grayareabrand.com/clothing

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
conversion tracking, google analytics, load time