The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:45 PM

Hi people!

I have a product with 3 options.

-Option 1 (Level) has a further 2 selections <radio buttons>:
A
B

-Option 2 (Service) has a further 3 selections <radio buttons>:
Alpha
Beta
Gamma

-Option 3 (Number) is a text field and a required option.

What I am trying to find out is that if a customer selects 'A' from option 1, then can I have a different price for 'Alpha', than when a customer selects 'B' from option 1?

Also, is it possible to have a price for option 3? The price being the number the customer enters in the text field multiplied by 4?

Any help will be appreciated. We're on the brink of upgrading Ecwid, just these things have to be clear.

Thanks!

Update:

Researched around the forums and the answer to question 1 is yes. Option variations allow you to have prices for each variation, as if it were a different product

However, I would still like to know whether a price can be given to a text field. Can I create prices for number ranges, like 1-100 = $10 ; 101-200 = $20 and so on... so that say someone types 155 in the text field, a price of $20 is added automatically?

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Do you guys ever even reply or is this forum here for show? Very poor service from Ecwid's part considering we want to upgrade asap, but need our questions answered.

Last edited by Corwin; 06-09-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check Recheck View Post
Hi people!

I have a product with 3 options.

-Option 1 (Level) has a further 2 selections <radio buttons>:
A
B

-Option 2 (Service) has a further 3 selections <radio buttons>:
Alpha
Beta
Gamma

-Option 3 (Number) is a text field and a required option.

What I am trying to find out is that if a customer selects 'A' from option 1, then can I have a different price for 'Alpha', than when a customer selects 'B' from option 1?

Also, is it possible to have a price for option 3? The price being the number the customer enters in the text field multiplied by 4?

Any help will be appreciated. We're on the brink of upgrading Ecwid, just these things have to be clear.

Thanks!

Update:

Researched around the forums and the answer to question 1 is yes. Option variations allow you to have prices for each variation, as if it were a different product

However, I would still like to know whether a price can be given to a text field. Can I create prices for number ranges, like 1-100 = $10 ; 101-200 = $20 and so on... so that say someone types 155 in the text field, a price of $20 is added automatically?

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Do you guys ever even reply or is this forum here for show? Very poor service from Ecwid's part considering we want to upgrade asap, but need our questions answered.
Hello! Thank you for your interest in Ecwid!
And I’m sorry for delay with the answer.

Quote:
However, I would still like to know whether a price can be given to a text field.
Unfortunately, such functionality is not supported at the moment.

However, as I can see, you want to sell some kind of a service, which refer to text processing, that is translation, proofreading, recheck and so on. Final price for your service depends on many options.

Therefore I suggest you organizing your store as a kind of catalogue, where customers can get to know services and prices, choose something and place the order details, except final price.

After you collect some information from your customers about what kind of service they need, time frames, pages’ quantity and so on, you will calculate the price and will send your customer an invoice. After that customer can pay for the order any appropriate way outside Ecwid. (There is more information about offline payment methods in the following article: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...paymentmethods)

To achieve such a scheme, you can do the following steps:

1) Add product options to products in your Ecwid store the same way in which you’ve already done it, but without price modifier. Prices themselves could be placed in product description.

2) Set the price of your products as “zero”.

3) Your customers will be able to place orders with order total zero price. For that you should use the "Skip payment method selection, if the order total is zero" option in Ecwid. This option can be enabled on the "System Settings → General → Cart” page, “Checkout Settings” section. When this option is enabled, Ecwid will skip the payment method selection. Please, check the article for more detailed information: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...tioninthiscase

Please, feel free to contact us if you have further questions.

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
combinations, options, price