Old 09-16-2019, 11:59 PM

Default Zone restrictions on free shipping

Hi all,
I was looking at having some products in my store with free delivery so I selected the free shipping option on the product page.
However, it seems that unlike the other shipping option which throws up a 'sorry we don't ship to this location' message when somebody tries to order to a zone I don't ship to, the free shipping option seems to let it through.
Is there anyway to stop this or restrict the free shipping setting to a certain zone?

I was going to create a new 'Free Delivery' shipping method, then realised the option would appear on all orders rather than just the selected products.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:54 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
Hi all,
I was looking at having some products in my store with free delivery so I selected the free shipping option on the product page.
However, it seems that unlike the other shipping option which throws up a 'sorry we don't ship to this location' message when somebody tries to order to a zone I don't ship to, the free shipping option seems to let it through.
Is there anyway to stop this or restrict the free shipping setting to a certain zone?

I was going to create a new 'Free Delivery' shipping method, then realised the option would appear on all orders rather than just the selected products.

Hello,

It's Pixie from Ecwid team. Thanks for contacting us!

Sure, you can offer free shipping for purchasing certain products within a certain destination zone. I'll explain that in more details. Please follow this instruction:

* Go to Ecwid Control Panel > Shipping & Pickup > Zones and create the necessary zone.

Here is an article about adding and managing destination zones: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...tination-zones

* After that, go to the Shipping tab > Add Shipping Method > Set up Free Shipping.

Configure the shipping method and add the created zone to it.

Here is an article about creating Free shipping: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...-Free-shipping

* Then go to Catalog > Products > Edit Product > Tax & Shipping > Specify shipping methods for this product and choose the created Free shipping method for this product.

Here is an article about product specific shipping rates: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...shipping-rates

Thus, customers from certain zones will get free shipping for certain products only.

If you have any further questions, please ask.
Old 04-25-2020, 03:41 PM

I want to set up local delivery only with no shipping to other parts of the world or areas? I am unsure how to do this. When i go on my site and place an order it allows people from other provinces to place and order. It does not by default say no shipping to this area.
I would like to set up so people can place orders choose pick up from store or delivery to local areas only with no shipping. How do I do that?
Old 04-29-2020, 09:38 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
I want to set up local delivery only with no shipping to other parts of the world or areas? I am unsure how to do this. When i go on my site and place an order it allows people from other provinces to place and order. It does not by default say no shipping to this area.
I would like to set up so people can place orders choose pick up from store or delivery to local areas only with no shipping. How do I do that?
Hello there!
This is Nastya, Ecwid Customer Care team. Thank you for contacting us!

As I understand, you want to make it possible to order the products in your store only for the customers from a specific area. To do it you can add the local delivery shipping method to your store and specify a shipping zone for this option. This shipping zone can be limited by zip-codes.

I’ve checked your account and noticed that at the moment there is one shipping method available in your store – In-store Pickup. I’ve also noticed that you already created the local delivery method “Free Delivery- to Businesses in Brant County ONLY, (OR 15 Kilometers from Brantford/Brant County ON)” and now it is disabled. I can see that you set up the shipping zone for this method. However, the fields with country, region and Zip-codes in the setting of this zone are empty. That’s why the customers were able to make the orders from other provinces in your store.

To fix it, we can edit the “Local Postal Codes” shipping zone, specify the Zip-codes for this zone and add it to the already existing local shipping method. Thus, the customers will be able to use this shipping method only if on the checkout page they enter the address that is included in the delivery area.

Please, follow the instructions below to set up the shipping zone and enable the local delivery shipping method:
1. Go to Ecwid Admin – Shipping & Pickup – Zones – click on the Local Postal Codes zone to edit it
2. Select the country for your local delivery by clicking on Add Country – select the region from the list by clicking on Add Region – fill in a special field with the Zip-codes to limit the delivery area you’ve want to set up
https://ibb.co/jHdzZct
3. Save the changes
In your Ecwid Admin go to Shipping & Pickup – click on the Enable toggle opposite the “Free Delivery- to Businesses in Brant County ONLY, (OR 15 Kilometers from Brantford/Brant County ON)” shipping method

The changes will be saved automatically.

All done! Now there are two shipping options available in your Ecwid store: the local delivery that is limited with the shipping zones and the in-store pickup. To make an order in your store, the customers will be required to enter the address that is included in the shipping zone you’ve set up.

I hope this helps. Please, feel free to contact us if you have any further questions. We’ll be glad to answer them!
Old 09-30-2019, 05:45 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

Nika here, Ecwid Customer Care Team.

You see, the “free shipping” option in the individual product shipping settings overrides all of the other shipping settings in your Ecwid Control Panel > Shipping and Pickup when it is selected. For example, it will ignore the shipping zones settings and still offer free shipping even if the zone is not specified as a "free shipping zone".

You can fix this by selecting the "Use global rates" option instead of the "Free Shipping option". This way the shipping for the product is set according to the shipping settings in your Ecwid Control Panel > Shipping and Pickup.

To do so, please follow the instructions below:

1. Go to Ecwid Control Panel → Catalog → Products
2. Click Edit Product on the product you want to edit.
3. Click Tax and Shipping and scroll down a little bit to Shipping Rates and choose Use Global rates.
(This option calculates shipping cost according to Shipping Settings)
4. Please make sure you do this with every product where Free Shipping is selected and save the changes.

Please do the same thing for all of your products.

There is a way to navigate faster between the products using the special arrows, please watch the video for reference: https://ecwid.d.pr/Kdl18y

Although, if you want to offer specific products with free shipping, you can assign your free shipping delivery method (in your Ecwid Control Panel > Shipping and Pickup) to individual products by following the instruction in this article: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...is-product-0-1

I hope this helps!
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions!