The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Maddie Moon's Avatar
Maddie Moon Maddie Moon is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Exclamation Sorry, we do not ship to this location.

"Sorry, we do not ship to this location."
Ship from is San Diego, CA
Shipping Address is Chicago, IL

Keep getting this error when trying to check out. We have USPS flat rate boxes enabled, USPS account setup and test passed.
  #2  
Old 03-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie Moon View Post
"Sorry, we do not ship to this location."
Ship from is San Diego, CA
Shipping Address is Chicago, IL

Keep getting this error when trying to check out. We have USPS flat rate boxes enabled, USPS account setup and test passed.
Please try the following steps:

1. Enable all the USPS shipping methods.
2. Save the changes.
3. Open your store, refresh the page.
4. Try to get any shipping rates. What do you see there?
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
  #3  
Old 03-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Maddie Moon's Avatar
Maddie Moon Maddie Moon is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Post USPS Enabled ALL Results

Now I see these

We only want
U.S.P.S. Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box (1-3 days)$10.70
and international flat rate for orders outside of US of course.

Can we have only flat rate box enabled?
I noticed that you have this entry twice in list
"U.S.P.S. Priority Mail Flat-Rate Box" and "U.S.P.S. Priority Mail Flat Rate Box"
================================================

U.S.P.S. Library Mail (2-9 days)$3.74
U.S.P.S. Media Mail (2-9 days)$3.94
U.S.P.S. Bound Printed Matter$4.26
U.S.P.S. Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope (1-3 days)$4.90
U.S.P.S. Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box (1-3 days)$4.95
U.S.P.S. Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box (1-3 days)$10.70
U.S.P.S. Parcel Post (2-9 days)$11.37
U.S.P.S. Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box (1-3 days)$14.50
U.S.P.S. Priority Mail (1-3 days)$15.85
U.S.P.S. Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope (1 days)$18.30
U.S.P.S. Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup (1 days)$18.30
U.S.P.S. Express Mail Flat-Rate Envelope Sunday/Holiday Guarantee (1 days)$30.80
U.S.P.S. Express Mail (1 days)$41.10
U.S.P.S. Express Mail Hold For Pickup (1 days)$41.10
U.S.P.S. Express Mail Sunday/Holiday Guarantee (1 days)$53.60

Last edited by Maddie Moon; 03-22-2010 at 05:56 PM.
  #4  
Old 03-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Maddie Moon's Avatar
Maddie Moon Maddie Moon is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Default Multiple Items and Shipping Method Conditions

If a user adds many items to the cart is there a way currently in Ecwid to determine the shipping method? SO for example, they order one pair of pants its flat rate small box. If its 3-8 items in bag, flat rate medium, and if its 10 or more, flat rate large box.
  #5  
Old 03-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie Moon View Post
Now I see these

We only want
U.S.P.S. Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box (1-3 days)$10.70
and international flat rate for orders outside of US of course.

Can we have only flat rate box enabled?
I noticed that you have this entry twice in list
"U.S.P.S. Priority Mail Flat-Rate Box" and "U.S.P.S. Priority Mail Flat Rate Box"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie Moon View Post
If a user adds many items to the cart is there a way currently in Ecwid to determine the shipping method? SO for example, they order one pair of pants its flat rate small box. If its 3-8 items in bag, flat rate medium, and if its 10 or more, flat rate large box.
"Priority Mail Flat-Rate Envelope" and "Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope" are the different methods.
The first one is domestic, while the second one is international.

The upcoming v3.0 will have the following improvements:

- it will allow setting the size of your packages in USPS settings. It will allow showing only the necessary methods.
- some methods will be renamed to avoid possible confusion like the one with Flat Rate Envelope.

All these changes will allow showing "Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box" only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie Moon View Post
If a user adds many items to the cart is there a way currently in Ecwid to determine the shipping method? SO for example, they order one pair of pants its flat rate small box. If its 3-8 items in bag, flat rate medium, and if its 10 or more, flat rate large box.
Ecwid doesn't calculate the rates, it just shows the info got from the USPS server.
So if USPS returns different methods based on the total order weight, Ecwid will show them as well.
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
  #6  
Old 08-13-2010, 02:33 AM
Rock and Mineral Supermarket Australia's Avatar
Rock and Mineral Supermarket Australia Rock and Mineral Supermarket Australia is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
Question Australia

We are getting the same issues as the other person but the thing is that being from Australia, we don't need the USPS function. How do we go around to fixing that issue?
  #7  
Old 10-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Rainforest Essentials's Avatar
Rainforest Essentials Rainforest Essentials is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qetzal View Post
"All these changes will allow showing "Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box" only.
We use the Medium Flat-Rate Box to ship one of our products and I can't find the option for it. What am I missing?

Also, is there a way to set the system to default to the Medium Flat-Rate option when it's above, say, four pounds?
  #8  
Old 11-13-2012, 03:07 AM
faeriechai's Avatar
faeriechai faeriechai is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qetzal View Post
Please try the following steps:

1. Enable all the USPS shipping methods.
2. Save the changes.
3. Open your store, refresh the page.
4. Try to get any shipping rates. What do you see there?
i still am having trouble getting the USPS calculated shipping working. i have USA defined for my zone and i have all the states enabled. my zip code field is blank. my weights are defined. i am not offering any other shipping type. even with all usps options enabled, i'm still getting "sorry, we do not ship to this location"

is there anything else i can check/try? it's so close to being ready! sparklechai.com store id 1146026

Last edited by faeriechai; 11-13-2012 at 03:16 AM.
  #9  
Old 11-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Kess's Avatar
Kess Kess is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,071
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeriechai View Post
i still am having trouble getting the USPS calculated shipping working. i have USA defined for my zone and i have all the states enabled. my zip code field is blank. my weights are defined. i am not offering any other shipping type. even with all usps options enabled, i'm still getting "sorry, we do not ship to this location"

is there anything else i can check/try? it's so close to being ready! sparklechai.com store id 1146026
As far as I can see, you USPS USPS account is in test mode. Please refer to this article:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853320/...notseetherates
  #10  
Old 11-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Nelson Ortega's Avatar
Nelson Ortega Nelson Ortega is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1
Default

Hello I hope this thread is still active . I get this same error
Sorry, we do not ship to this location for any location I select for shipping during checkout. I have added a user defined shipping method "Free Shiping" as all our products ship for free. All other carrier shipping methods are disabled. Any clue what could be wrong?
Thanks for your help.
Store ID795005

Found solution in another forum post. basically you must have a rate defined for shipping zone. In my case Since I only have one shipping method "user-defined" free shipping . I selected "the World" for zone and zero cost.
How to fix this issue:

1. Go to the Ecwid Control panel.
2. Open the "System Settings -> Shipping -> User-defined methods" page.
3. Press the "New Charge" button. Set up your shipping rates for each destination zone.
4. Save the changes.

Last edited by Nelson Ortega; 11-15-2011 at 11:45 AM. Reason: added store ID - Added solutions
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
error, location, shipping

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:55 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.