The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-04-2017, 02:45 PM

How to remove mini cart completely in Wix app

I use Ecwid as a product catalog i.e. without the e-commerce functions.
I have already removed add to bag and some other things via css in custom theme in design settings in Ecwid, which works fine.
However, in Wix the mini view of mini cart shows up regardless.
I have tried everything I could find on the subject, tried to add the code in theme css in Ecwid and in advanced settings in the wix app, but I can't get the mini cart removed.

What seems to work as a workaround is to use string translation script to change the text via adding the script in advanced setting of the wix app, so only the "(0)" is left floating. But unfortunately that breaks my other script I have there to translate the main 'store' category to something else.

I would like to know what the correct way is of removing the mini cart completely in the wix app and if it is with a script, how to make it not break my already present script.

PS: If I use the normal widget code in wix the problem with the minicart is not present, since it doesn't appear. But using the widget code instead of the app has other known disadvantages such as scroll bars and most importantly, a non functional mobile view (due to the fact the iframe is not responsive).

EDIT: found the solution myself, so in case somebody has the same problem, here is the solution:

To completely delete the mini cart from the wix app, you must past the following css code in settings>design>edit theme in ecwid itself:

a.ecwid-minicart-mini-link {
display:none;
}

.ecwid-minicart-mini-items, div.ecwid-minicart-mini-total {
}

span.ecwid-minicart-mini-overlay-count {
}

.ecwid-minicart-mini-count {
display:none
}

I also applied the following css code for removing add to cart etc.:

div.ecwid-productBrowser-search-ContinueShoppingButtonContainer{
display: none;
}

div.ecwid-productBrowser-auth {
}

div.ecwid-productBrowser-auth {
}
table.ecwid-Checkout-blockTitle button,
div.ecwid-Checkout-PasswordBlock {
}
table.ecwid-Checkout-blockTitle .ecwid-btn {
}
.ecwid-productBrowser-CheckoutPaymentDetailsPage .ecwid-btn.ecwid-btn--secondary.ecwid-btn--sign_in {
}

td.ecwid-productBrowser-productsTable-buy,
.ecwid .ecwid-btn--addToBag,
div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-qtyPanel {
}

These two bits combined result in a fully functional product catalog without a trace of shopping bag or any other 'store'-features.

Last edited by Benjamin Goudeseune; 04-04-2017 at 09:12 PM. Reason: found the solution
The Following User Says Thank You to Benjamin Goudeseune For This Useful Post:
Kenga Ecwid (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 01:35 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi Benjamin!

Thanks for sharing the CSS codes in this forum thread. They are very helpful for those merchants who use their Ecwid Store as a product catalog.

By the way, we have an article on this matter: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...roduct-catalog

If you need to make any other adjustments and you are not sure how to do it, feel free to write back. I'll be glad to help you further.

Ecwid team
Old 04-14-2017, 10:46 PM

Hi and thanks for the response. The article you cited doesn't give instructions that work in the wix app, so you might want to incorporate the above specifically for wix users.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:22 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Goudeseune View Post
Hi and thanks for the response. The article you cited doesn't give instructions that work in the wix app, so you might want to incorporate the above specifically for wix users.
Hi again!

Thanks for your reply.
Generally, in case if you've added your Ecwid Store to different websites, such design changes will apply to them all. Ecwid generates unique CSS classes for all store pages dynamically. It doesn't matter what site builder you are using for your Site. The CSS changes are applicable to all your Ecwid Storefronts no matter where you've embedded your Store in.

I've tested the codes given in this article in my test Ecwid Store. Please, check how my test Wix site is displayed —
http://take.ms/fEibP As you can see, the CSS code works well on Wix site.

This code doesn't affect the Shopping bag widget which is attached to the categories — http://take.ms/uXler.

To hide the Minicart widget I used the following general code:

Code:
div.ecwid-minicart-mini {
}
Now it is hidden — http://take.ms/T0TDj

The codes given by you in this forum post are also correct. They are more specific and are applicable to separate components of the Minicart widget.

If you have any questions, please contact us again.

Ecwid team

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
remove shopping cart, wix app, wix bag