The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:07 PM

How to change front page that appears when store is loaded

My store has only one product, so it would make more sense to have the store load that product on the screen when the store is loaded. Otherwise potential customer needs to first select category and then select product from category. Is there any way to make the store load the page of the only product as the first page that appears?

Sincere thanks for developing a good app,
Tuukka Virtaperko
Old 09-02-2011, 08:46 PM

Use the product URL as the link to your store?
Old 09-04-2011, 08:12 AM

That's what I currently do. Not such a good solution, because the URL quite long. Also, I have many websites linking to the store, and when I add a second product, I'll have to change all those links manually.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:24 AM

Two Ways

1 - Place product in the root - i.e. no categories. When the store opens this will be the icon the customer sees.

2 - Create a separate html page for the product and then use the HTML Code (last tab in the product section) to add the "Add To Bag" button. You will also need to create a store page which has the Ecwid Product Browser Code embedded into it (you can hide that from the menu if you wish - depending upon how you are running your website), if you do not create that separate Store page, when the Add To Bag button is clicked on Ecwid shopping cart and checkout will open up a pop up window.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:34 AM

1 is an improvement, although not exactly what I wanted, as there is still one unnecessary click to be done. I implemented this for now.

2 would be good, but even better would be a HTML redirect, so that whenever the index page of my webshop is loaded, it just redirects to the url of the product. But I'm running the webshop under a Wordpress installation, and I don't know how to make a folder with a WP installation redirect somewhere. If I place an index.html -file in that folder with the redirect code, the browser doesn't seem to load it. It loads the WP site as usual.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:32 PM

You should be able to go into WordPress settings and set up the site so that its static main page is your storefront. I don't know for sure if this what you mean, but it would make your one item and the store appear as the site's main page. If that helps. The other option might be to just get a widget and copy and paste it into the HTML text editor. Sorry if I'm off base but I wanted to try to help.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
default, first page, front page