The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-02-2014, 02:12 PM

Exclamation

Linked stylesheets don't display properly in product descriptions but do in live store.

Hello,

I have been up and down the forums looking for a related topic. So:

Can anyone explain why the description formatting, (pasted into the ecwid HTML editor using links to our css), - displays properly in the editor window, but not in a live browser or ecwid preview?

I have noticed that Description pages that are displaying correctly and that were created in a similar way, have the linked styles somehow converted into embedded in-line styles. This, understandably, explains why it works in that sense.

But how(where) did this conversion happen? I can't seem to get it to do update the code in that manner.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jaxon

--EDIT:

I have discovered (and should have known) that if you cut and paste design layouts directly into the ecwid description editor, that it will pass the linked css' rules to inline html tags. Obviously, a tedious way of managing styles.

I also figured out that certain custom CSS items like unordered lists etc. can be placed in the design template in order to work. It would also appear that you need to do a live preview in order to see your iterative edits, since they are not displayed in either the editor or preview.

It's not clear to me however, why some rules for a given class such as links, will respect style changes like colore, but not size.

Last edited by Jaxon; 12-05-2014 at 03:52 AM. Reason: refined question
Old 12-15-2014, 10:18 AM
Axiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Hello,

I have been up and down the forums looking for a related topic. So:

Can anyone explain why the description formatting, (pasted into the ecwid HTML editor using links to our css), - displays properly in the editor window, but not in a live browser or ecwid preview?

I have noticed that Description pages that are displaying correctly and that were created in a similar way, have the linked styles somehow converted into embedded in-line styles. This, understandably, explains why it works in that sense.

But how(where) did this conversion happen? I can't seem to get it to do update the code in that manner.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jaxon

--EDIT:

I have discovered (and should have known) that if you cut and paste design layouts directly into the ecwid description editor, that it will pass the linked css' rules to inline html tags. Obviously, a tedious way of managing styles.

I also figured out that certain custom CSS items like unordered lists etc. can be placed in the design template in order to work. It would also appear that you need to do a live preview in order to see your iterative edits, since they are not displayed in either the editor or preview.

It's not clear to me however, why some rules for a given class such as links, will respect style changes like colore, but not size.
Hello!

Thank you for your post!
If I understand you correctly, you are using some kind of editor to write a description for your products and then you paste into Ecwid description editor, and as a result you can’t see changes that you need, right?

The thing is that 3rd party editors can add their own formatting, which can influence the display of the formatted text. In order to avoid this, try to create description directly in Ecwid description editor. It has all necessary tools to create products description and also has a “HTML mode” option for advanced HTML users. For more details please refer to the article from our Help center: How to create product description

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
css, html editor, linked styles