The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:33 PM
ReadTheStandardWorksInOneYear.com's Avatar

Sorry, we do not ship to this location ERROR

I have looked at all the related threads on this and I still don't see a satisfactory solution to this problem. I have set up ECWID on an unlinked page on my live site (http://readthestandardworksinoneyear.com/store/) so that you can see it. If someone from support wants me to email them an address to try, I am more than happy to do so, but I feel it inappropriate to share personal addresses in an open forum. I checked the USPS status on http://www.shippingapimonitor.com/ and it says that the API is up, so I don't know what is going on. From all the posts on this, it appears to be a common problem within ECWID.

Just to let you know that if the free version acts like this, there is certainly no incentive on my part to upgrade.

Do you guys have a solution to this, or at least have an idea what is going on?

Last edited by ReadTheStandardWorksInOneYear.com; 11-11-2015 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:38 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadTheStandardWorksInOneYear.com View Post
I have looked at all the related threads on this and I still don't see a satisfactory solution to this problem. I have set up ECWID on an unlinked page on my live site (http://readthestandardworksinoneyear.com/store/) so that you can see it. If someone from support wants me to email them an address to try, I am more than happy to do so, but I feel it inappropriate to share personal addresses in an open forum. I checked the USPS status on http://www.shippingapimonitor.com/ and it says that the API is up, so I don't know what is going on. From all the posts on this, it appears to be a common problem within ECWID.

Just to let you know that if the free version acts like this, there is certainly no incentive on my part to upgrade.

Do you guys have a solution to this, or at least have an idea what is going on?
Hello,

Sorry for delay with reply.

We have answered you by e-mail. For other visitors of this thread I will post the answer here too.

I have examined your Ecwid Control Panel to understand why your customers receive “Sorry, we do not ship to this location” message. I see that you are using USPS shipping service to deliver products for default “The World” zone. I can also see, that you have enabled only 2 shipping types for USPS:

-U.S.P.S. First-Class™ Package Service
-U.S.P.S. First-Class Mail® International Large Envelope

with the following settings:

As I understand you chose First-Class Mail® International Large Envelope for international shipping and First-Class™ Package Service for Domestic region (inside the USA)

Let me please explain that USPS is a carrier-calculated shipping method: when a customer places an order, Ecwid sends a request to USPS with order details and your settings for the shipping types. USPS in turn sends available shipping types and corresponding shipping rates. I made a further investigation and went to USPS Postage Price Calculator to find out if the shippings types you chose (First-Class™ Package Service and First-Class Mail® International Large Envelope) will work with the settings you defined for them.

1)First, I calculated the shipping rate of an item in a ‘package’ shape. I tried to send the item to Germany. Here are the “First-Class” types available by USPS:

As you see neither of two USPS types you have set in Ecwid store were available.
Then I changed the shape of the product package to ‘Large Envelope’. Tried to calculate shipping rate for the item sent to the same country. The possible “First-Class” shipping type is International Large Envelope:

I also found out that this shipping type is available only for the envelopes with the following dimensions:

So what to do:
I’d recommend you to change the dimensions settings for USPS shipping, so that they fit the ones in screenshot above. For example you would be able to use U.S.P.S. First-Class Mail® International Large Envelope if you set ‘Parcel dimensions’ to 12X12X0.25:

2)I also checked if your other type First-Class™ Package Service is available for shipping to domestic regions. I tried to calculate shipping rate from California to Idaho (for example), used both shapes ‘Package’ and ‘Large Envelope’. I found that neither of First Class USPS types were available:

What to do:
In this case I’d recommend you to choose other shipping types for USPS shipping method. You can test which ones are available by selecting all USPS shipping types at Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Shipping > New Shipping Method > Carrier-calculated > U.S.P.S and making a test order at your store.

Hope you find this information helpful. If you have any questions left, or need assistance, please let us know.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

:arrow_down: Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
address, error, shipping, usps