The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-12-2015, 10:22 AM

Fixed length pages

Dear Ecwid team

I am still in the process of customising my ECWID store so I can present to my Managers a possible storefront based on ECWID. I really like it, I mean nothing else out there seems so easy to produce a good looking store.

But one problem I am having is that I use Serif WebPlus and that is based around fixed length pages. So when I look at things like order history, my test orders now drop out of the fixed page area. I would imagine this will occur in a few places that I have not come across yet. I have attached a screenshot of the issue.

Is there a way to tell ECWID the size of the area it has to work in? It would be nice if it then went 'page 1 of 2' etc.

At the moment this, and the postcode lookup for addresses (posted in other forum section which I thought was more appropriate) seem to be only issues I am having. Once I have got around those I can present to my Managers and then hopefully proceed to a paid for plan.

Many thanks for any help or advice

Trevor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ecwid.jpg (34.9 KB, 113 views)
Old 01-12-2015, 02:22 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi Trevor.

Thank you for contacting us and for choosing Ecwid!

I see that the pages of your website are limited in height so you are searching for ways to limit the height of Ecwid as well so that it doesn't conflict with the rest of the pages.

From my point of view I can see several options to this:
1. Use your starter site as the main storefront, which is fully responsive and allows you and your customers to access the store from any device. You can get the link to it in Ecwid control panel > System settings > General > Starter site
So your customers can shop online by clicking on the link on your main website
2. Use CSS codes to limit the Ecwid container in height and use scrolling to access the rest of the page.
For example, if your website limits you in a certain amount in space in pixels, 400px, then you can use the following code in your Custom CSS Themes in Ecwid control panel > System settings > Design
Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser {
height: 400px !important;
overflow: scroll;
}
3. Create a website in other CMS or website builder, for example Wordpress and Joomla, Wix, Drupal 7. For web services we have ready plugins which are very easy to use and manage your store.

Thank you.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:44 PM

Vitaliy,

Customising the CSS is the perfect solution - exactly what I wanted!

Thank you.

The other solutions are nice, but the desire from the Management here is to keep everything encapsulated in Serif which is actually a very nice environment to work in to create websites. You can think more about the design than having to worry about HTML.

The starter site is a really nice idea and would save time, but they want to retain the look and feel of the shop within the site so it does not look like the shop is 'external'. This is why I like ECWID, because you can maintain the feel of your own site while having the power of a normal e-commerce shop.

And using the CSS suggestion, this works well now, I can keep it contained within the shop space.

Thanks!

Trevor
The Following User Says Thank You to Buckingham Garden Centre For This Useful Post:
Rick G (01-12-2015)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.