The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-01-2015, 12:10 PM
S2L's Avatar
S2L is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Customize Product List in Control Panel


Hi,
With the changes to taxation on Egoods within the EU, managing tax rates is complex.
Half my products are VAT Zero rated, but half my products now attract VAT as they are E-goods.
I cannot see from the Product list, which products have which VAT rate, or even if they have a tax rate at all!
If I export the list of products to a csv file, the tax rate is not exported.
Is there a way of finding a complete list of tax rates without having to go into each separate product in the list, then into the tax and shipping area, and then back out. For every single product!!!?
Paul
  #2  
Old 03-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Cyril D's Avatar
Cyril D Cyril D is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Ecwid HQ
Posts: 530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2L View Post
Hi,
With the changes to taxation on Egoods within the EU, managing tax rates is complex.
Half my products are VAT Zero rated, but half my products now attract VAT as they are E-goods.
I cannot see from the Product list, which products have which VAT rate, or even if they have a tax rate at all!
If I export the list of products to a csv file, the tax rate is not exported.
Is there a way of finding a complete list of tax rates without having to go into each separate product in the list, then into the tax and shipping area, and then back out. For every single product!!!?
Paul
Hello Paul,

Yes, we know about the New EU VAT Rules, you can read our blog post about it here: http://www.ecwid.com/blog/how-the-ne...ine-store.html We’re doing everything possible to make it for our users easier to comply these rules. You can read how to set up EU VAT rates in Ecwid here: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...rates-in-ecwid

To find out what taxes are enabled for a specific product go to the Tax and Shipping tab in its settings. To do so you need to go to your Ecwid Control Panel > Catalog and then open any of your products. After that on the product page you need to select the Tax and Shipping tab.
I see, going back and forth between the product list and the product settings may take a long time, so let me suggest you a quicker way.

Please, go to the Tax and Shipping tab of any product, as I mentioned before. Examine what taxes are enabled and then navigate to the next product in the list by clicking one of navigation buttons (see screenshot). So you can navigate through the entire product list and consistently check all the taxes for each product.



Аt the moment, you can’t add a new column to the product list with product taxes in it, but you can suggest your ideas on our Ideas for Ecwid site here: http://ideas.ecwid.com

Also you can vote for these two ideas: Add a import tool for tax zones and Include more data in the csv export. And we’ll email you when they will be implemented in Ecwid.
__________________
Cyril D.
Ecwid Customer Care Team

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
  #3  
Old 03-02-2015, 05:50 PM
S2L's Avatar
S2L S2L is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Hello Kirill,
Yes, I have set up all the taxes, and thank you for the information about using the navigation buttons, which I had found. I do not have very many products at the moment, but they are VAT 0% in the UK, but as I am now supplying the same products as a download, I must double my product list. I am also about to add the same number of new products. I will have several hundreds soon. Navigating through the list will become very time consuming to check the tax rates. The .csv idea would give a list of all the items, and their Tax rates, and would be simple to do, where your workaround would not, for large numbers of products. You already have the shipping rates in the .csv export - we now need the rest of the information - including tax rates.
Regards Paul
  #4  
Old 03-04-2015, 08:43 AM
Cyril D's Avatar
Cyril D Cyril D is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Ecwid HQ
Posts: 530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2L View Post
Hello Kirill,
Yes, I have set up all the taxes, and thank you for the information about using the navigation buttons, which I had found. I do not have very many products at the moment, but they are VAT 0% in the UK, but as I am now supplying the same products as a download, I must double my product list. I am also about to add the same number of new products. I will have several hundreds soon. Navigating through the list will become very time consuming to check the tax rates. The .csv idea would give a list of all the items, and their Tax rates, and would be simple to do, where your workaround would not, for large numbers of products. You already have the shipping rates in the .csv export - we now need the rest of the information - including tax rates.
Regards Paul
I agree that the ability to import taxes settings is a great idea. It’s as great as your vote on our Ideas for Ecwid site. We’ll notify you as soon as this feature will be added to Ecwid.
__________________
Cyril D.
Ecwid Customer Care Team

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
  #5  
Old 03-04-2015, 08:53 AM
S2L's Avatar
S2L S2L is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Kirill,
My query and my idea is about EXPORT of tax rates. I want to be able to see what items have a tax rate, and what that tax rate is, at a glance. This is important in maintaining a clean set of data. It's about being able to see the data easily and correcting problems, as the EU VAT changes put the burden of compliance firmly on the trader, and as I said, I don't have many products at the moment, but when I do - maintain it could be a real problem.
Paul
  #6  
Old 03-05-2015, 11:43 AM
Cyril D's Avatar
Cyril D Cyril D is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Ecwid HQ
Posts: 530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2L View Post
Kirill,
My query and my idea is about EXPORT of tax rates. I want to be able to see what items have a tax rate, and what that tax rate is, at a glance. This is important in maintaining a clean set of data. It's about being able to see the data easily and correcting problems, as the EU VAT changes put the burden of compliance firmly on the trader, and as I said, I don't have many products at the moment, but when I do - maintain it could be a real problem.
Paul
Yes, your suggestion does make sense too. Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts. I think both ideas about export and import of tax rates would be helpful in keeping tax rates up to date. As I mentioned before these ideas have already suggested on our site. The idea about including more data, for example, tax rates, in the CSV export is here: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...the-csv-export And the idea about importing tax rates to Ecwid is here: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...-for-tax-zones Please, vote for these ideas or suggest your own idea.

Thank you!
__________________
Cyril D.
Ecwid Customer Care Team

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:26 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.