The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:55 AM

Swap 'continue shopping' and 'checkout' buttons

For my store the order and size of buttons confuses shoppers. For the most part it is a one product purchase. Several have abandoned their cart because they did not see 'checkout', the focus is on 'continue shopping'.

How can I change this?
Old 03-30-2012, 11:39 AM
Ecwid Team

Big “Continue shopping” button has been added, in order to help your customers easy back to the products’ catalog and continue shopping. We believe that this button can increase your sales, as your customers back to the catalog when they added one product to the cart and can choose more products.

If you want to change this you can do following:
1. Redirect your customers to the cart page, when s/he clicked “Add to Bag” button (Go to Ecwid control panel → System settings → General → Cart → “Open bag when "Add to bag" is clicked” checkbox)

or

2. Hide “Continue Shopping” button using following code in your CSS theme. If you use one of default Ecwid themes, go to Ecwid control panel → System Settings → Desing → CSS theme, and duplicate it (choose the theme, which you use and click “Duplicate” button). Then click “Activate” link on the right side of the block and save. Once you do this new CSS theme will be created and you will be able to add custom CSS code there::
Code:
.ecwid-ContinueShoppingButton {
  display: none;
}
and make “Go to checkout” button more noticeable. For example, you can increase its’ size, color, etc.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 10-03-2012, 04:45 PM

Question redirect continue shopping button

Hi.

How can I redirect the Continue Shopping Button to HOME?

Thanks
Giusti
Old 10-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giustino Alloggia View Post
Hi.

How can I redirect the Continue Shopping Button to HOME?
Hi,

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to change the behaviour of the "Continue Shopping" button. It always opens the last visited category page, or the root store page if the last visited category page isn't defined (e.g. customer opens the product details page using a direct link).

Could you explain what for you want to redirect it to home page? Perhaps we'll be able to offer you other solutions to meet your needs.

Look forward to hearing from you.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
checkout button, continue shopping button