The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-17-2010, 08:52 AM
Ecommerce Demo's Avatar
Ecommerce Demo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10
Default

Can i have an upload files-field on checkout form?


Hi There!
Can i have an upload files-field on checkout form?

if yes, how setup it?

thanks
  #2  
Old 06-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 tshirt View Post
Hi There!
Can i have an upload files-field on checkout form?

if yes, how setup it?

thanks
Unfortunately it isn't at the moment. Please vote for this idea: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...duct?ref=title
As a workaround, you can ask your customers to upload the necessary files to a separate page.
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
  #3  
Old 06-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Ecommerce Demo's Avatar
Ecommerce Demo Ecommerce Demo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10
Default yes....

ok, thanks Getzal...

it's possibile to insert some note into checkout form?

i mean something like "upload your files in next step"

another question, after checkout and payment can we send user to a specific url?

thanks a lot

leLe
  #4  
Old 06-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 tshirt View Post
ok, thanks Getzal...

it's possibile to insert some note into checkout form?

i mean something like "upload your files in next step"

another question, after checkout and payment can we send user to a specific url?

thanks a lot

leLe
1. Yes, it is possible. Use this modification to show any text on checkout steps: http://kb.ecwid.com/How-to-show-spec...d-page-is-open

2. You cannot send user to a specific URL, but you can show a link to it.
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
  #5  
Old 03-25-2014, 10:59 AM
SR_'s Avatar
SR_ SR_ is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 8
Default

Sorry, the link above does not work.....

"The page you were looking for was not found"
  #6  
Old 03-26-2014, 05:40 AM
Lanna's Avatar
Lanna Lanna is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR_ View Post
Sorry, the link above does not work.....

"The page you were looking for was not found"
Hi,

Thank you for pointing this out. The previous post is dated back to 2010, the knowledge-base has been updated since then. Please let us know exactly what changes you need. We'll be glad to guide you.
If you need to ask for an extra details from customers on checkout, please refer to this article:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/63605157/...om%20customers
__________________
Lana W.
Ecwid Customer Care Team

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
  #7  
Old 03-26-2014, 11:37 PM
SR_'s Avatar
SR_ SR_ is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 8
Default

OK here is the basic flow:

1 - customer browses site
2 - customer selects 1 or more products, adds them to their cart and chooses product specific options
3 - customer checks out

As part of this check-out process, i need to capture specific information about the customer (which they need to provide):

For example:

their ABN/ACN/TFN numbers
their ban account & BSB numbers
upload their company logo

etc etc...

this is all completely product independant - hence i cannot set this up as a product option.

thanks
SR
  #8  
Old 03-28-2014, 09:54 AM
Lanna's Avatar
Lanna Lanna is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR_ View Post
OK here is the basic flow:

1 - customer browses site
2 - customer selects 1 or more products, adds them to their cart and chooses product specific options
3 - customer checks out

As part of this check-out process, i need to capture specific information about the customer (which they need to provide):

For example:

their ABN/ACN/TFN numbers
their ban account & BSB numbers
upload their company logo

etc etc...

this is all completely product independant - hence i cannot set this up as a product option.

thanks
SR
Hi,

Thank you for explaining.

Extra fields like tax numbers, account numbers, etc - in the order comments box, and as an additional field on checkout. These variants are described here http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/63605157/...om%20customers
The information will be loaded globally, i.e., product independent and will be attached to the order details.
A feature to manage checkout fields is under consideration, please vote for this idea to get notifications on the feature release:
http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...o-customize-on

Logo upload is only possible on product level as product options type 'Upload file':
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/52348855/...%20a%20product
Alternatively your customers could send you necessary files after they place orders. You can change your order notifications and add instructions to send the logo separately to your email. The email notifications are editable, please check your Ecwid control panel>System Settings>Mail. More details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/25104182/...0Notifications
__________________
Lana W.
Ecwid Customer Care Team

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
checkout, field, form, upload

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:30 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.