The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:08 PM

Can't get shipping cost to be reasonable... $24 for a .83lb item.

I have been trying every which way I can to set up shipping, failing miserably.
My current settings are carrier calculated through Fed Ex (I tried to set ecwid up through our own fed ex account and it kept getting rejected)...

I can't figure out how to get ecwid to set the package size & weight so shipping cost is accurate. Right now, if you order 1 item that weighs .83lb and is 48" long it costs a huge amount of money to ship it 20 minutes down the road ($24 I think was the cheapest).
Also, it SAYS i've enabled 20 different shipping methods/speeds...but Fed Ex Ground doesn't come up as an option when you try to check out.

Normally, when we ship a box of 12 of these, it costs around $15 to ship to San Francisco.
Please help asap...we have people complaining.

Thanks...

Steven Elowe
818-771-1281
Old 05-05-2015, 12:23 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Elowe View Post
I have been trying every which way I can to set up shipping, failing miserably.
My current settings are carrier calculated through Fed Ex (I tried to set ecwid up through our own fed ex account and it kept getting rejected)...

I can't figure out how to get ecwid to set the package size & weight so shipping cost is accurate. Right now, if you order 1 item that weighs .83lb and is 48" long it costs a huge amount of money to ship it 20 minutes down the road ($24 I think was the cheapest).
Also, it SAYS i've enabled 20 different shipping methods/speeds...but Fed Ex Ground doesn't come up as an option when you try to check out.

Normally, when we ship a box of 12 of these, it costs around $15 to ship to San Francisco.
Please help asap...we have people complaining.

Thanks...

Steven Elowe
818-771-1281
Hello Steven,

We are very sorry to learn that you faced this issue.

I inspected Fedex settings on the Shipping page of your Ecwid control panel. As I understand, you need to reduce shipping rates that you receive from Fedex servers.

In order to achieve this you can do the following:

1) Change the Drop-off type. At this moment there is the following drop-of type in your Fedex settings: Request Courier. It means that you should call FedEx to ask for a courier every time you need to ship orders. Once this type is chosen, the shipping rates that are returned by Fedex, increase by $3 - $4 (depending on the shipping method).

Please, choose another drop-off type in Fedex settings. There are the descriptions of another drop-off types:

Regular Pickup - The shipper already has an every-day pickup scheduled with a courier.
Drop Box - The shipper will drop the package in a FedEx drop box.
Business Service Center - The shipper will drop off the package at an authorized FedEx business service center.
Station - The shipper will drop off the package at a FedEx Station.

2) Disable the "Ship to a residence" checkbox in Fedex settings. At this moment the checkbox is enabled, it means that the $3.10 - $3.50 residential surcharge is added to shipping cost, depending on shipping method.

As for "Fedex Ground" option, it does not ship to a residence. So, if you want to use the FedEx Ground shipping method, you should specify that your deliveries are not residential by disabling corresponding checkbox in Fedex settings.

3) Reduce or disable Shipping markup. As I can see, you added $6 shipping markup to the shipping cost. In general, this option is aimed to cover any additional expenses related to order fulfilment. The markup is added to shipping cost returned by Fedex at checkout.

Quote:
Do you ship orders by Fedex?

Quote:
...it costs a huge amount of money to ship it 20 minutes down the road...
As I understand, you deliver some orders locally. In this case you can create special shipping rates for local delivery or even local self-pickup, using user-defined shipping methods.

In order to do so, you should do the following:

- Create corresponding destination zone (for example, your hometown) in your Ecwid control panel > System settings > Zones page.
- Then configure shipping method for this zone in your Ecwid control panel > System settings > Shipping page.

Should you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I'll be glad to assist.

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
shipping costs, shipping methods