The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:05 AM

Copy Code to Wordpress.com site results in Java Error

Hi,

I've spent a bunch of time creating my Ecwid storefront and it appears to work just fine integrating into Facebook. I just went to copy the code to my wordpress.com site and I'm getting an error stating "Your browser does not support JavaScript. Please proceed to HTML". I've read a few threads recommending adding the plugin which wordpress.com will not allow me to do.

1) How can I check my JavaScript is up-to-date for the code to be supported?
2) Is there Java code I can also add to the Ecwid code to allow the update and if so, where can I find this code?

Any answers or ideas would be appreciated! I'm not a programming expert, so please keep it layman for me...Thanks!

Also I tried uploading individual product codes in lieu. I do not get a Java error, although the image doesn't appear correct:
//
Arabian
$80.00
<empty box>
//

Last edited by Eugene Rimmer; 12-09-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:31 PM

Please, refer to this article: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853324/...insertyourcode
Old 12-09-2012, 07:03 PM

Thanks Eugene.
The article states to insert the Java modification code in with the HTML code in WP. What is the modification code to make this work?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi,

As we understand you're using a hosted solution of Wordpress site available at http://hipandhealthykids.wordpress.com. As mentioned in that article , unfortunately, this WordPress solution doesn't allow inserting JavaScript code on any pages. Ecwid widgets code is Javascript code, hence it can't be inserted on your site pages. That's why, you see the error instead of Ecwid.

Please consider the following alternative ways to use Ecwid:

1. To use single product widget on the necessary pages of your site.

Please mind, the products data will be static, i.e., when you change a product parameter in the Ecwid control panel, it won't be changed automatically on the front end: You will need to renew the HTML code manually

2. To switch to a stand-alone WordPress installation: You should choose another hosting company, buy a domain for your site, and install Wordpress. We have a special plugin for Wordpress that you'll be able to easily enable via the Wordpress admin area: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853324/...s#Installation

3. To embed Ecwid on another web-site (hosted on different provider), and put a link to the store on your blog site.

Quote:
Also I tried uploading individual product codes in lieu. I do not get a Java error, although the image doesn't appear correct:
//
Arabian
$80.00
<empty box>
//
Please provide the link to this page so that we could examine it. Thank you.

UPDATE: Ecwid can be installed on Wordpress.com now

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter

Last edited by Makfruit; 03-06-2014 at 05:23 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:13 PM

Thanks Lana.

Here is the page I am playing with http://hipandhealthykids.wordpress.com/shop/
I have one product code loaded at this time. Thank you for letting me know about needing to update HTML code each time.

If I did host that page elsewhere, where would you recommend? I tried setting up a Google page to link back to my site, but don't know if that's the best option.

Thank you.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:22 AM
Ecwid Team

We're glad to inform you that Ecwid merchants can install their Ecwid stores on Wordpress.com now! See more details in our blog.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
code, error, html, java, wordpress