The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:35 AM

Hey everyone.

Does anyone know if there is a plugin or app that allows a single product to group multiple products together in a group?

This is something that should be implemented because I sell alot of "Package" deals with alot of add ons etc, currently I am using the "options" tab to have my customers add "options" but they are really not only selecting options but adding additional products to the order...

when I use the options feature.. sometimes I have up to 10 options and when it prints on our invoice its all packed together without any spacing or line breaks... is there anyway to change this so its easier to see?

or a way to make grouped products like woo commerce?

to see an example of how i am currently doing my packages visit:

http://floridagunclassifieds.com/onl...egory=12742003

here is what it looks like on an invoice:

any help would be appreciated! I am building a new website and my web developer is telling me the only way to do the "packages" is to use woo commerce and I don't want to switch! i love Ecwid.

>>>

No one has any input on this topic? Im sure I am not the only one that sells "grouped products" in one sale. Admin? Anyone?

Last edited by river; 02-08-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:47 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt adika View Post
Hey everyone.

Does anyone know if there is a plugin or app that allows a single product to group multiple products together in a group?

This is something that should be implemented because I sell alot of "Package" deals with alot of add ons etc, currently I am using the "options" tab to have my customers add "options" but they are really not only selecting options but adding additional products to the order...

when I use the options feature.. sometimes I have up to 10 options and when it prints on our invoice its all packed together without any spacing or line breaks... is there anyway to change this so its easier to see?

or a way to make grouped products like woo commerce?

to see an example of how i am currently doing my packages visit:

http://floridagunclassifieds.com/onl...egory=12742003

here is what it looks like on an invoice:

any help would be appreciated! I am building a new website and my web developer is telling me the only way to do the "packages" is to use woo commerce and I don't want to switch! i love Ecwid.

>>>

No one has any input on this topic? Im sure I am not the only one that sells "grouped products" in one sale. Admin? Anyone?
Hello,

Ecwid Customer Care team here.

I'm terribly sorry for the delayed response.

First of all let's take a look at the issue with the way the options listed in the Invoices.

Basically all the options for products in the invoices are represented with a variable ${orderItem.formattedOptions} - the options are dragged to invoices from backend as a single string, so it's impossible to divide them into separate lines by means of CSS or HTML.

However I can suggest a workaround with a JavaScript added straight to the invoice template.

As you see all the options in the list a separated with a comma, so we have at least one way to separate the options to individual lines. For that matter we can replace the commas with <br> tags and it will do the trick.

Here's what we get as a result in our invoices:

However you should also note that all the commas in the list of options will be replaced with a line break, so it's a good idea not to use commas in the names of the options.

Alright, let's make this happen now:

Access your Ecwid Control Panel and proceed to Settings -> Invoice.

Once you are there, click the "Edit invoice template" button:

You'' see the html code of the invoice template and now you need to find the block with options. Scroll the page down to the line 388 (for the default template) and you'll see the block.

What you need is the following tag:

Code:
<p>${orderItem.formattedOptions}</p>
You need to add a CSS class to it so that we were able to work with it by means of JQuery and the script like that:

Code:
<p class="dividedoptions">${orderItem.formattedOptions}</p>
Once you are done with that we also need to add JQuery to the template for the script to be able to work with it. You can add JQuery to the top of the "options" block, for example with this tag:

Code:
<script src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.10.2.js"></script>
Now, let's add the script right after the <p> tag we previously edited:

Code:
<script>
$('.dividedoptions').each(function() {
var text = $(this).text();
text = text.replace(/ *, */g, '<br>');
$(this).html(text);
});
</script>
Eventually this block of the invoice should look as follows:

Once all the changes are done and everything looks just as in the screenshot above, Save changes.

In result all commas in the options will be separated by breakers, so they'll go line-by-line instead of the plain comma-separated text.

As for the native "Bundled Products" feature, well, now we have something similar which is called Related Products . Here's the article about this feature, perhaps you'll find it helpful: Related Products

However it's just as well always possible to develop another feature for your store only or just as well create an application for all the Ecwid users by means of our API or, particularly JavaScript API.

If you are interested in creating something that does not exist in Ecwid now, please write back with a complete description of how you see this feature working and we'll be glad to help you achieve that!

Looking forward to your reply with results and feedback on that matter!

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Last edited by river; 04-05-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:05 PM

Thank you so much for your help! I will respond back with exactly what I'm looking to do for my store and I think a lot of people would use the feature. It would streamline being able to offer "packages" for any store. Allowing people a package allows you to up sell them easily by either forcing them in my case to buy the package if they want the product, or giving them a discount for buying it all at once, such as a clothing. "Buy the hat, shirt, pants and choose from these shoes and get 20% off your entire order!"

Would make anyone want to order the package when they really only came to buy the shirt.

Here is what I am trying to do:

Have different products that I can "group" together into one single "product" that displays each peice of the package as individual skus, but doesn't allow the customers to buy the main product separately only as a package.

We sell the fn 57 pistol only if they buy the package which is the pistol+Ammo+holster+mag pouch. Each I sell as individual products on my site, but do not want the customer to go and "find the products and add them manually.

The related products wouldn't work for this unless it forced them to add them to the cart.

I think the easiest way would be just to add a feature called "product packages" and allow us to add individual products to the "product packages" and then when someone clicks a product package it displays each product in the package on the same page and in some sort of a list with ONE TOTAL PRICE.

This would benefit the entire community I know others could use this to boost sales 100%. Right now I am doing it with the options and not giving them a choice not to select one of the options for $0. It works, but there is not real inventory control
Of the Insividual products in the package.

You can see on my website how I am doing it now here: http://floridagunclassifieds.com/onl...egory=12742002

Thank you let me know!
Old 02-09-2016, 10:49 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Thank you so much for your help! I will respond back with exactly what I'm looking to do for my store and I think a lot of people would use the feature. It would streamline being able to offer "packages" for any store. Allowing people a package allows you to up sell them easily by either forcing them in my case to buy the package if they want the product, or giving them a discount for buying it all at once, such as a clothing. "Buy the hat, shirt, pants and choose from these shoes and get 20% off your entire order!"

Would make anyone want to order the package when they really only came to buy the shirt.

Here is what I am trying to do:

Have different products that I can "group" together into one single "product" that displays each peice of the package as individual skus, but doesn't allow the customers to buy the main product separately only as a package.

We sell the fn 57 pistol only if they buy the package which is the pistol+Ammo+holster+mag pouch. Each I sell as individual products on my site, but do not want the customer to go and "find the products and add them manually.

The related products wouldn't work for this unless it forced them to add them to the cart.

I think the easiest way would be just to add a feature called "product packages" and allow us to add individual products to the "product packages" and then when someone clicks a product package it displays each product in the package on the same page and in some sort of a list with ONE TOTAL PRICE.

This would benefit the entire community I know others could use this to boost sales 100%. Right now I am doing it with the options and not giving them a choice not to select one of the options for $0. It works, but there is not real inventory control
Of the Insividual products in the package.

You can see on my website how I am doing it now here: http://floridagunclassifieds.com/onl...egory=12742002

Thank you let me know!
Hello,

Thanks for such a detailed response!

Yes, I see exactly what you are trying to achieve and I agree that it would definitely be a good feature to be able to sell some products individually and in bundles too.

Unfortunately this feature is not yet available indeed and there's no ETA for it, sorry.

However there's a workaround I can suggest which assumes creating a custom JavaScript to achieve the same.

The workflow of the script would assume that you have products kept individually:

- The gun itself,
- Ammo,
- Holster... and so on.

Then you create a product with options which represents the same products in a bundle. So that "bundle" product itself would represent a gun with all the other tweaks you are selling for it set as options.

In this case the script would need to track the options selected for this product and when the "Add to Bag" button is clicked, it would not add this product itself, but instead add all the products from your catalog separately: the gun, ammo, holster - all these products would be added to bag as separate products even though all the selections were made on the side of the "bundle".

Also it would be even possible to make an easier thing: the "bundle" can not even have the options, but instead just add all the items which you set as the related to this bundle by default.

To create such a script you can refer to our JavaScript API and hire a developer for this task explaining the logics.

Or just as well our Customization Team can do this for your store individually (it has to be done individually for a certain store right now due to the fact that we'd need to hardcode the product IDs for this or that "bundle"). If you prefer this way, you can fill in this form here and get contacted by our Customization Team manager with all the details: https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv

Hope this helps. If you need to know anything else about the implementation of this feature, please feel free to ask.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:23 PM

I have one more question! The java script change worked... the only issue is it is adding the "options" to every product that is ordered, not only the product that those options came from....

Any work around?

Thank you
Old 03-02-2016, 12:11 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
I have one more question! The java script change worked... the only issue is it is adding the "options" to every product that is ordered, not only the product that those options came from....

Any work around?

Thank you
Hello,

I'm terribly sorry for the delayed response!

So, you mentioned that JS worked for you. Could you please clarify if you wrote a script and added it to your store to make this work?

I'd be glad to take a look into the issue with the script, but I'd need more details on the difficulties you are facing and the code of the script itself.

Looking forward to your reply.

Old 03-07-2016, 01:36 PM

The java script I implemented is copying the options to all the products. Any work around?

Please let me know ASAP my store is up and running for two years now! need to fix it.

It only does it when generating the invoice. in the my sales page it is correct

Last edited by river; 04-05-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:38 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
The java script I implemented is copying the options to all the products. Any work around?

Please let me know ASAP my store is up and running for two years now! need to fix it.

It only does it when generating the invoice. in the my sales page it is correct
Hello,

I'm very sorry that it took so long to fix this script. Turns out that it needed just a tiny adjustment to avoid the issue with duplication.

I hope you don't mind that, but I needed to test this in your store, so I had to make a small change to the script in the invoice template and make a test order in your store as well.

Here's the result I get now:

I also updated the script in my previous post to this newer version.

Looking forward to your reply with feedback. Let me know if anything else needs changes.

The Following User Says Thank You to river For This Useful Post:
matt adika (04-07-2016)
Old 04-07-2016, 11:28 PM

Thank you so much I saw the test invoice and it works great!

I love you guys... I wish there was a way to integrate you into my new wordpress site.. fn57sale.com

i hate woocommerce with a passion! but its the only thing that will allow me to make the custom shopping cart the way I want it ;(
Old 04-09-2016, 09:25 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Thank you so much I saw the test invoice and it works great!

I love you guys... I wish there was a way to integrate you into my new wordpress site.. fn57sale.com

i hate woocommerce with a passion! but its the only thing that will allow me to make the custom shopping cart the way I want it ;(
Hello,

Thanks for the update!

Well, Ecwid can definitely be integrated with Wordpress and we have a very cool and easy-to-use plugin for it: Wordpress (downloaded)

The only issue I can see is that starting from March Ecwid can not be installed to the hosted version of Wordpress provided by wordpress.com. There are two versions of Wordpress:

1. The one you host yourself on your domain with your hosting provider. It's basically a downloadable package provided by wordpress.org. Ecwid can be easily installed there with the help of the article above.

2. The version which is hosted with wordpress.com. It's the one which is not hosted by yourself, but is under the wordpress.com regulations. Starting from March Ecwid can not be installed there.

So, if you host your website yourself on your server instead of using Wordpress.com you can keep using Ecwid just as usual. Of course, we'll be glad to help you adjust Ecwid to your needs or change design in any possible way.

By the way, Ecwid plugin for Wordpress.org has a pretty cool feature called 'Chemeleon theme' which adjusts Ecwid theme to the pre-dominant colors of your website automatically.

However even if you have your website built with Wordpress.com and really want to keep using Ecwid, what I can think of is to migrate your whole website to your own hosting and start using the downloaded version of Wordpress.

I Googled the articles on how to migrate a website from wp.com to wp.org and found something for you if you might consider this solution: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutoria...wordpress-org/

And I also found a video on YouTube on that matter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWQg2yQ6xmw

Hope this helps you stay with us. If there's anything else I can assist you with, please ask!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.