The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-28-2019, 05:15 PM

Default Product Variations

I keep getting this error message:

Product option variants are not specified

I have been adding options, but have not added any variations. This message pops up when I try to save what I've done or when I try to add another option.

I am very new to ecwid so I'm not sure what it means or what I am doing wrong.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:22 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

This is Tonya from Ecwid Customer Care team.

As I understand you +Add New Option for the product, and after clicking Save, you get the message: "Product option variants are not specified".

If you select Option Input Type as Radio Buttons, Drop-down list or Checkboxes, it is necessary that the Option has variants (Selections) your customers can choose from. The message you get is displayed when you create such option without variants (Selections) and try to save.

So for the message to disappear you need to specify the Selections for the Option. Here's how:
  1. Go to your Ecwid Control Panel > Catalog > Products and choose the Product to Edit;
  2. Switch to the Options tab and click +Add New Option;
  3. Enter the Option title (e.g. Size) and +Add New Selections (e.g. S, M, L);
  4. Save the changes.

Please find more details about adding the Product Options in our article here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...ons-to-product

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. We will be glad to assist!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.