The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:05 AM

Removing Facebook Comments

Good day. Someone left a derogatory comment on our Ecwid Facebook App that is not appropriate. How can we remove it?
Old 03-19-2013, 08:41 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wholeness Store View Post
Good day. Someone left a derogatory comment on our Ecwid Facebook App that is not appropriate. How can we remove it?
In order to remove this comment you should login to Facebook as a the page, where Ecwid is installed. Once you do this, you will be able to moderate all comments on Facebook page. Also, please, refer to this article for details how to manage Facebook comments from Ecwid control panel: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/41383484/FB-comments

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 03-19-2013, 01:55 PM

Default Facebook Comment Removal Instructions not Working

Good day, I followed Makfruit's instruction exactly to be able to moderate my comments. Not only did I get an error when pasting the "simple store url" as specified in to the "app domain" area I also was not able to see any comments that could be moderated.

If I delete this comment by just clicking the "X" next to it, it will disappear for me but still can be seen by everyone else. I have attached sceenshots of all of these events. Please let me know how I should proceed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FACEBOOK APP.zip (221.6 KB, 40 views)
Old 03-21-2013, 11:54 AM

Default Solutions?

Can someone please answer about this, these type of comments really hamper sales. Thank you
Old 03-21-2013, 12:22 PM

The instruction suggests to use the mobile URL while you are trying to use the simple store URL which is not the same. Setup your mobile domain and use that one in the app setup.

Facebook requires you to enter the URL without the protocol part ('http://').

Most probably, only the comments those were placed after you set up the app and Ecwid will be available for moderation - Facebook wont allow you to moderate the comments those were placed outside of your custom app.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:13 PM

Okay so my options of removing the comment are what? Either turn of Facebook comments or remove Ecwid services?
Old 03-22-2013, 08:20 AM

Removing the Ecwid will not ever remove the comment from Facebook. It stays published on the timeline of the commenterб visible to his/her friends, no matter if you use Ecwid or anything else.

So the best option to deal with the comment that could not be moderated is to ask the person who placed it to remove it. You can also report Facebook members who post inappropriate or offensive material. However over the comment you didn't like The blue cross appears in the top right. Click it and then click the blue "report" link.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:08 PM

Default Link

Okay great I will try that/ Lastly can you please send me a direct link as to where all of these comments are I having a little trouble finding the main page for comments. Or is it because I removed the comment already from me seeing it, I will not see it anywhere?
Old 03-22-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wholeness Store View Post
Okay great I will try that/ Lastly can you please send me a direct link as to where all of these comments are I having a little trouble finding the main page for comments. Or is it because I removed the comment already from me seeing it, I will not see it anywhere?
Quote:
Or is it because I removed the comment already from me seeing it, I will not see it anywhere?
That is most likely it. Can you please let me know which product was commented?
Old 03-22-2013, 03:15 PM

Crystals/Synegy Crystal Kits/

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
comment, facebook, remove